NextDoor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Sep 8, 2016.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

First, Ive no affiliation with this site. Just started using it today and figured some folks would get use out of it, so sharing it here.

Anyone useing NextDoor (nextdoor.com)? Found out many neighborhoods around 210/50 McGees area are using, and I know theres been a few posts on here lately specifically about 210 so figured Id share.

Probably used out in other areas of JoCo but Ive no visibility to anywhere but 50/210 area.

Seems to be useful for neighborhood events, crime alerts, and lost pets.

2. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

To bad you can't view the other neighborhoods. There are about 10 neighborhoods around Cleveland Road (10-10) and 40/42 area. I found it 2 years ago and a lot of the Members have been on it close to 10 years.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

My neighborhood uses it pretty actively. But we also have a Facebook group that gets some use.

4. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

You can view others, just around your own. Im down near 210 so I can see all around me, up to about 42 area. I cant see 1010, and I cant see 40/42 as its too far from me. But its enough for the area of whats going on. They started a term "hyperlocal", which is very apt for how they want this to work. I dont want to know 100s of people, just the 20 or so on my street, and its sometimes helpful to know the 50 or so around me.

5. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

so, what is being built in Garner on 70 & timber, across from Krogers?

6. jesse82nc

7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Is this worth signing up for? I got an invitation in the mail to join for South Plantation, bit I don't want to do it if they'r eonly looking to collect info on me or something.

9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

You don't find the BS
    You post the information that you wish to post, outside of your name and address. Everyone uses their real name, not something just made up so you don't find the BS that you find here. On NextDoor you can actually find things that are going in in the area, help people by giving truthful advice and receive advice, and information, on questions that you have. You can delete yourself if you find that you don't like it.

jesse82nc likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

Agreed, I was skeptical at first. But I have been on it for several months, we have about 40% of our neighborhood on it and there are a lot of good posts. Info about yard sales, lost and found pets, recommendations for contractors, etc.