Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't feel so bad now, I had to look it up... LOL! Its the two piercings under the lower lip.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

do they honestly think thats attractice? :ack: and what kind of parent would allow that, for a hs age CHILD? :confused:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. KellBell

I said those exact two things. One of my sons said, "I would never kiss a girl with those things..." LOL

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Should leave nice little scars when they grow up and change their minds, but of course, they probably didn't consider that.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hey, just think of the boys they can attract by spraying milk out those little holes!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's just gross. I think the same thing about nose rings. The idea of that in your nose catching "stuff" squicks me out. :ack: Hygiene people!!!

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

kids with the common sense god gave 'em!!

:hurray:

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am so very glad my granddaughter is not one of them, i truly believe my son would wear her butt out if she even suggested a nose stud or snake bite:hurray:

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I guess being handsome and/or pretty doesn't get it anymore. Never heard of snake bites until this thread and it just turned my stomach. I'm with kdc on the nose stud as well.

Sherry

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:ack:Wow! Almost every girl? I can't imagine. My girls will be over 18 and out of my house before they'd have those kind of piercings (after a long speech of if you go on job interviews with those things in your face, good luck - you'll need it).

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I agree, but how many of us (not me) have visible tattoos?

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not me...............more power to those that do, but not my cup of tea. I tell folks I'm bucking the trend by NOT having any. :jester:

I do have my ears pierced, single holes, but as a rule, your ears don't tend to involve bodily fluids. :lol:

15. Allioop

I guess it depends on who's doing the hiring.I'm not sure if tattoos would be as bad unless they're on the face or someone has more ink vs. bare skin :lol:. My daughter's teacher has a tattoo on her leg, and she's an awesome teacher.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I didn't say they wouldn't be awesome employees, in some industries can much use these folks, but employers like mine will not subject a client with a consultant/auditor with folks that are far from the mainstream.

17. Allioop

:cheers: That's the main reason I want to make sure my kids know how it might affect them before they decide to tattoo or pierce. I will also advise them not tattoo someone's name on them. :mrgreen: My friend's husband did that, and then they divorced. He had a huge heart tattooed in the middle of this chest with her name in it.

18. KellBell

I don't care what you pierce, tattoo, insert sharp objects in, shave or whatever....what I shake my head at is the fact that 14-15 and 16 year olds parents allow them to do it. I don't give a d a m n if my kid wants any of the above, they aren't getting it on my dime nor will I 'sign' for it. period.

19. Allioop

:cheers:

As long as mine live with me, only the ears will be pierced and no tattoos. My 9 year old still doesn't have her ears pierced. She reminds me often!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray::hurray::hurray: