Obamas back to school speech

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Okeh, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hmmm, because they are my kids. And because I can... for now. Until my parental rights are taken away, and I can't even bring them to church if they don't want to go. :rolleyes:

Why don't you let us parents, "parent" how we see fit? I say a kindergartener would benefit more from Red Rover than some talking head on a TV for 20 minutes. You want your kids to see it, great - go ahead. I decide to opt out for one of my kids - great, glad I actually had that option. For now...

2. Cleopatra

Because Lord knows they won't hear or get that message any other place....

Hmm, this rain is making me kind of lazy. Maybe if Obama gave me a call I would feel more motivated to get back to packing, otherwise I'll just be sitting here with nothing done right up until closing.

:rolleyes:

3. Cleopatra

Hey Red Rover is fun.

Seriously, people are closeminded because they want to parent their own children how they see fit?

Isn't that always the argument. "Oh, you're so closeminded"

Hey, if you want to go do A, B, or C or even X - go for it! But don't cram it down my throat or demand my acceptance or participation. Welcome to America!!!

4. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

:iagree:

And all of the belly-aching about this whole event seems to me to either be sour grapes by conservatives and republicans or some kind of Chicken Little fear mongering, with a taste of racism thrown in at times.

5. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I don't think Cleo or my kids would be bad off as mini-mes. Heck, I think we should marry them off to each other so they can make babies and create a new DNA superpower to take over the world. <insert evil laugh here>

6. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

All of the above. For all the excuses Ive heard from the Right on here about why they didnt want their kids hearing the speech, all I could think of them saying was, 'No black man is gonna tell my kids what to do'. Of course none will admit to it.

Now I will wait to be called a racist because I brought up race...............

7. Cleopatra

I knew somebody would be along shortly to play the race card. Thanks for not disappointing!

8. Cleopatra

I don't want my children getting any advice from today's politicians. lol

I really don't think that Thing One is going to be mad that I kept her from Obama's pep talk one day... and I don't see her coming away as a more well rounded individual had she seen it. I also don't know what kind of struggles she is going to face in kindergarten besides "do I use the green crayon, or the purple one?" and will she even remember that struggle next school year?

I don't want the govt in my house or in my kids' school. I've kept the oldest in school, I think I can manage with the other two - and hey, if not - Obama will take care of them. :cool:

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I saw it earlier on WRAL. It just plain stupid to associate this with race, but look who is doing it.

10. Cleopatra

Can you imagine? They'll graduate, and then work and pay their bills, even without Obama telling them to!

11. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Is that possible?

12. Cleopatra

No, let's go back to personal responsibility and accountability.

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Actually what you are doing is creating division between your child and his/her peers. While 90% of the class watched the President, your child went to the gym. It may have a bigger impact than you are realizing.

14. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

How do you know how many kids watched? :?

15. Cleopatra

Let me consult my Magic 8 Ball instead.... You know I can't think for myself.

[​IMG]

Magic 8 Ball says "Yes!!"

16. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Maybe we should start taking up a collection now to pay for the therapy for the damage we have imparted on our kids not hearing this today. There seems to be a lot of concerned citizens. We could start chipping away at it. I have paypal. :lol:

17. Cleopatra

Don't worry Obama will pay for her therapy!

Do you think I should take her out of speech therapy as well? I mean, it has to be dividing to leave your class once a week and go do something special, and sometimes even get a piece of candy or a sticker. Ah, ****. And those hand me downs I sent her to school in as well... That's gonna cost me some heavy duty copays one day. And, do you know she has never been to Disney World and we did not get to go to the beach last summer? Wait till she finds out the other kids have...

18. Cleopatra

And how do you raise your children? The way you see fit, right?

19. Cleopatra

Nah, just wait for Obama's Healthcare Plan!

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

By the way folks that only visit this Forum on 4042, there are 7 other threads on this topic throughout the 4042 forums. All of about the same quality!

I read them so you don't have too!