Obamas back to school speech

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Okeh, Sep 7, 2009.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

so would you pull them out if say George Strait, P-Diddy or Michael Jordan wanted to address al the school children!

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I'm not wiskey but...
    If they held or were running for a political office, Yes. If they were going to discuss anything political, religious, or a topic that is not geared strictly towards my child's age group, Yes I would. If they were going to discuss leadership, courage, sportsmanship, learning strategies, don't do drugs, etc then, No they could listen. :)

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Oh and right now my oldest is 7 so in a few years once his knowledge of the world outside of his bike and Drake & Josh I would possibly consider him listening to a politician if I didn't disagree with their policies so vehemently.

An example, if the politician was a major pro-abortion over-zealous supporter and I knew the speech was going to be geared towards teen pregnancy and young fathers, my kids would sit out. This type of presentation would be strictly against my moral views and go completely against my families beliefs as a whole.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sassy already discussed Bush (Thank You) but here are the highlights of his nationally broadcast video:

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/002107/

Yep, no politics there . . . Not!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  5. seabee

seabee Guest

well back in our day there was no cable...

and there was no pre-empting soaps.... for a day time speech by the prez..

6. seabee

seabee Guest

what about 3-4 years ago???? 8)8)8)

7. 5whiskey

5whiskey Guest

No, I didn't miss it. I already knew that. What, you think the dems didn't go ape-batty when Bush addressed the Schools? Matter of fact, here ya go.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...rats-investigated-held-hearings-57694347.html

This is one very good reason why I don't want any figure in schools discussing politics or religion. Obviously with the exception of an un-biased poly science class at the HS level.

Believe it or not, I'm not one. I've lurked a few times though. Truth, I promise 8)

You're not me, but you answered the question the exact same way I did. Further, if a rapper with nasty lyrics, sports star that had a repeated problem staying clean/out of trouble, or country star who left their wife and 3 kids to date someone half their age came without a political message I'd still probably keep kids out. I don't like it when People Idolize those that set poor examples for youth.

Disclaimer: To my knowledge, the famous examples you gave are not poor examples to our kids. I was dramatizing a bit, but I think you get it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  8. sassymom

don't mess with me grandpa!

:twisted:

9. seabee

seabee Guest

is that you mom2-3girls... :twisted::twisted::jester:

10. sassymom

don't make me come thru this computer screen and jerk a knot in your arse this morning!

11. seabee

seabee Guest

wake up on wrong side of bed did you??? :cheers::cheers:

12. sassymom

Nope woke up perfectly happy!!

:cheers: