October 15, 2006

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Jul 15, 2006.

?

Would you come out to support this cause?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

try checking with the city of raleigh about park space. moore square is often used for events....they may require some permits or something....or they may have another suggestion for a location...not sure if you'd go through parks and rec, or what exactly....

recently helped out with a charity event for which i recommended a live music act...it was just one guy...but, he had about 50 bucks in pa rental, which the event coordinator covered. but the time and performance he donated.....seems kinda standard...maybe blus can give a couple of experiences, being in a band and all....

2. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

^^^^BIG THANKS^^^^ Hope it works out
    No girl you did not overwhelm me. I got some good ideas from you. UNC is great cause thats where the boys were born. I have emailed March of Dimes already. Thats the only 1 who I have emailed for help so far. Still waiting for Gime'me the Mike winner Holland Marie to email back I have her # too so I might just call her.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

that might be your "in" with a radio station, too...by then, she could be the host of the morning show on 947qdr...she's one of the final five for next week...

4. 1_more_PitBull

She will be on July 20th. Just got her email. She said she will be there as long as she as no other bookings that day :D :D I told her I will get back to her with more info when I find a place.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

It's exciting watching this blossom on the board! I have a charm on my bracelet to represent our miscarriage. It's a gold heart with a small heart shaped hole to the side...like a heart missing a heart within :( ... And I bet others reading this are happy about it as well but just can't post a reply. ...You ladies are awesome.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You have my full support. Let me know what I can do to help.

7. 1_more_PitBull

Thank you all for your support!! :D :D :D Again you all come through for me!! :D :D :D I just need to find a spot, DJ, and so where to buy candles wholesale. I'm planning to resale them at the event for $1.00. Maybe have some tents sat up with info on the event like grits said. It would be nice to hold it at the old Cleveland School, but I think more people whould come if it was in Raleigh. Been's I'm holden this for the whole state. I don't really expect to have a really BIG turn out on the first year. Maybe next year I will have the hang if this. :wink:

8. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I love the bead idea, I have always wanted to do that myself, just never got around to it. Also, a suggestion; a ballon release. People can write the name of their baby on the balloon before releasing it. :)

9. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, you can go to WQDR's website and 'vote' for her on the message board. :D

10. 1_more_PitBull

Good idea I seen that somewhere on a website. They said **Caution too many ballons at one time could hurt birds and other animals in the sky and when they fall other animals will eat the balloon and string**

But I might do that too beens balloons are cheap. And buy one of those air tanks at Party City and fill them myself.

There we go when you buy a candle you get a balloon too.

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I found a good site on releasing balloons...

http://www.balloonrelease.com/faqs.htm

Use only hand-tied latex balloons and no plastic attachments.
    2. Never release metallic balloons.
    3. Never attach metallic ribbon to helium-filled balloons. Metallic ribbon and balloons conduct electricity and may come in contact with power lines when released.

They suggest a butterfly release which sounds beautiful, but I cant figure out how to hand out butterflies!! :)

12. BenDover

BenDover Well-Known Member

Release doves.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I can tell you about the butterflies, we did that for my wedding. Everyone got a butterfly to release as we came out of the chapel.

We ordered them from a Butterfly Farm in FL (I hate to say, but I can't remember the name of the place). They were shipped overnite in a cooled container (each butterfly is individually packaged in a wax-paper "release" envelope) to my wedding coordinator in TN (we got married in the mountains in April). We picked them up when they arrived and then kept them refrigerated until it was time to go to the church. Approx. 30 minutes before the ceremony, they were taken out of the "cooler" (styrofoam type packaging they were shipped in) and set in a room temperature environment. As long as they were kept cool, they were inactive and kind of dormant. As they warmed to room temperature, they were ready to come out of their little indivual packages after the ceremony. As everyone exited the church, they were handed a small wax-paper envelope that contained 1 butterfly (I had a springtime assortment of butterflies in my order). When they opened the envelope the butterflies would come out and start stretching their legs and wings before actually taking off. They don't go very far at first, which provided some great picture opps with them on my shoulder and my bouquet, etc. After about 5 minutes they began finding their way to the nearest flowers. It was beautiful and worth every cent, though looking at the prices on some of the websites, prices seem to have gone up. I think I paid about $100 for 2 dozen, shipped overnite, and they included a few extra's incase there were any "casualties". After seeing the beauty of the butterfly release, my mom has already informed me that she wants that done at her funeral (she plans ahead....way too far ahead)!

this is just one site that I found ... there are plenty of others http://www.butterfliesabound.com/feedback.htm

:)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Wow, that sounds so cool!

15. Squire

Squire Guest

hi pit. im in holland marie's band and ill see what i can do to help you out. :D

16. 1_more_PitBull

Thanks, I told her I would call the # on the bands myspace page. But I will see what you can work out before I call to book the day. Me and her knew each other when she was like 7 or 8. But lost touch when she moved. But anyways thanks for the info.

17. Squire

Squire Guest

hey pm me your real name so i can tell her who u r :D

18. 1_more_PitBull

19. 1_more_PitBull

***NOTE***
    Anyone who plans to attend and would like to share a poem about their loss or a picture would be great. I'm going to have a table sat up for pictures and maybe have some poems said or read your own.

Just a thought.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Pit, i think it is just awesome you are doing this and i will support you in any way i can. THanks for taking the initiative on something that really needs to be done - you rock :D