Offer to Donate Property for Cleveland Park

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Traffic circles for all and no more traffic problems .... none will ever want drive on those roads again after the first encounter because very few people seem to know how to use them.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

but at lower volumes, wouldn't the wait time for each individual car be lower? Since they alternate?

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Would it not vary anyway? If you have a green light with no other traffic compared to habing to stop again with no other traffic. The metrics would be different for times and locations so some study of traffic patterns would be good. Also not using a timed program for the lights should speed it up.

4. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

Traffic is definitely an issue...another is where in the world are all of these students going to go? I know the article says Cleveland ES, MS, & HS....they better get those "educational cottages" (aka trailers) rolling into place post haste...

Kelyel and Michael smith like this.
  5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Life is fast enough, why try and speed it up more.

Auxie likes this.
  6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Lol

7. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Thought I saw on here actually that CS/BM was getting a light soon. Why do the others need lights? Lots of accidents? Personally I'm against all lights on Cornwallis except where there is already lights at 42 and Cleveland.

Cornwallis/Shilo just needs the intersection straightened out, that backwards intersection leads for poor visibility turning left off of Shilo.

Auxie likes this.
  8. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

But while those cars with the green light are moving, the cars with the red light are slowed down.

One more waste of taxpayers money!!

Michael smith likes this.
  9. Michael smith

Michael smith Active Member

They better build another Elementary school!

10. Michael smith

Michael smith Active Member

I know it was talked about building a Powhatan middle.

11. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a map of the land they are going to put the houses on? From the write up they posted I thought its the fields on the right side of Matthews Rd if you are coming from the Old Cleveland School. Some one told me it was the fields on both sides of Matthews Rd. Just wanted to double check to see if anyone knew which side of the road or if both sides.

Michael smith likes this.
  12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It's in the main thread for this neighborhood - http://forums.johnstoncounty.today/threads/and-the-housing-market-continues-to-grow.40842

This thread was about a park initially.

13. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

houses on both sides. proposed park on one corner of matthews and polenta, substation on the opposite.