One killed in Johnston Co. wreck

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jun 6, 2008.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

One killed in Johnston Co. wreck -- http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3006922/

Right now, stating:

"Clayton, N.C. — One person was killed in a car accident Friday afternoon in Johnston County.

According to the highway patrol, the accident happened at 5:43 p.m. on Covered Bridge Road near Loop Road.

The identity of the victim and other details were not immediately available."

I sure hope everyone on here, and everyone y'all know is safe!!!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

All safe here, too close for comfort. :shock:

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, knew that was right by you - was worried about you!!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Appreciate it :).................

People fly up and down Covered Bridge, it's a wonder it doesn't happen more often. Same as every where else I suppose. Everybody be safe!

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

From WTSB:

Head On Collision Claims One Life
    One person died in a head on collision late Friday in the 5500 block of Covered Bridge Road. The accident involved a Lexus and a Dodge pickup. The driver of the Lexus died at the scene. The driver of the truck was transported by Clayton EMS to WakeMed with serious injuries. Archer Lodge Fire also responded to the scene. The NC Highway Patrol is still investigating the accident and has not released the names of the drivers involved. WTSB Photo

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's a shame. I don't recognize the car, but that is a very heavily traveled road. I feel for the family. :cry:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Please update with any new information. We know alot of people who travel that road.

Our thoughts are with the families.

Sherry

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

*sigh of relief* I thought about you too.

9. Sherry A.

Anyone heard anything?

Sherry

10. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

I went through there about 6:30, taking my kids to meet their Mom. We saw all the emergency vehicles and the traffic was backed up, but had no idea what had happened, since we actually didn't pass the accident (I don't "rubberneck" anyway.) My condolences to any friends and family, if they read this. I hope the other driver recovers soon.

11. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

I feel for the family. That is a busy road and cars are always either driving too fast or too slow. We had some pass a car in the opposite lane there Thursday evening and barely missed hitting the car in front of us head on. We were at the pool and one of my daughter's friends said that road was closed.

12. Sherry A.

Any news on this yet?

Sherry

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Victim was Rose Davis Barbour, Age 57, Clayton.
    Thoughts and prayers for her family.

14. Sherry A.

Our thoughts go out to the family.

Thank you,
    Sherry

15. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

where did you find this? my understanding the lady in this wreck was younger and from Kenly. They had 2 seperate wrecks on Covered Bridge Friday/Saturday morning!

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The N&O did have your information but her obituary lists:

Rosa D. Barbour, 57, 211 St. Jiles Drive, Clayton, June 6. Arrangements by Hood Funeral Home.

17. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

The Smithfield Herald reports this:

http://www.theherald-nc.com/front/story/8480.html

Clayton Man Charged in Fatal Crash
    By Jordan Cooke, Staff Reporter
    Clayton — A Clayton man has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle following a fatal collision Friday that claimed the life of a Kenly woman, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol.
    A report filed by Trooper C.R. Thompson states that Brian Edward Fitch, 23, of 197 Windgate Dr., was driving north on Covered Bridge Road about 5:45 p.m. Fitch's 2007 Dodge pickup veered into the southbound lane, where it struck a 1998 Lexus.
    Both vehicles came to a stop along the shoulder of the southbound lane, Thompson reported. The driver of the Lexus, 57-year-old Rose Davis Barbour of 8761 Exum Road in Kenly, died at the scene. Fitch was transported to WakeMed Hospital in Raleigh for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
    Thompson also charged Fitch with driving left of center. Neither speed nor alcohol appeared to have played a role in the crash, the trooper said.

My sympathies to the family.