part time greeting card merchandiser jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by browns rule, Jan 8, 2009.

1. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Does anyone know who to contact to get into this line of work in the raleigh,clayton/garner area? Thanks

2. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Do you know a company name? Are you talking about Send Out Cards? If so, I know someone who used to do that and she would probably know who to contact. (that is a direct sales company)

3. browns rule

browns rule Guest

I was hoping for something with American Greetings or Hallmark. Thanks.

4. a few years ago I had to work at wal mart on 70. i worked the stationary dept. I know several times a week in the morning the American greetings woman would come in to straighten out and fill up the cards. She was usually in between 8a - 10a. You might want to go and see if you can catch up with her. She was a very attractive thin woman with a pony tail.

5. sillymom

sillymom Guest

If you go to American Greetings or Hallmark's website and then click on their corporate or jobs link you apply right there on their website. I did it back when I was a stay at home mom. It's a great job for someone with kids because you can make up your own hours except getting holiday stuff down. That has to be done the day after even Thanksgiving and Christmas. But really it's a great part time job.

6. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

What is the pay like? Is it hourly?

Do you get a bunch of stores on your territory or just one?

Thanks!

7. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I was a pt merchandiser for one of the greeting card companies but quit over a year ago. The pay was a bit above minimum wage but another lady I knew worked for the same company but different store and she made low double digits. Just depended on the store. I initially just had one store but they added a second one nearby that was a different type store - so diff rules, etc. The job is flexible except for the holidays but the hours varied considerably, i.e. they allowed only a certain number of hours for changing out the cards, etc., and if u went over then u might need to cut back a straightening day/new order. They offered me a 3rd store but it was too far in my opinion and in a questionable area (i.e. paper always listing robberies, etc) and no mileage pay.

I was also a PT mechandiser for a makeup company and the pay was almost double plus mileage and drive time. I worked both jobs as the hours were all over the place with the makeup company too. I left them both when they did lots of restructuring and hour cutting and took a pt job with set hours with a local business.

If u have any other questions just let me know or pm me. :)