Picking out candles

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Jan 19, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Well at least the candles would put off some heat AND they would make our clothes smell good so no one would notice that we hadn't had a nice hot shower. :mrgreen:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it reminds me of the great blizzard in Lynchburg in the early early 90's i think it was, we actually lost power for about a week and because of all my candles burning in every room in the house, the neighbors thought i had power:lol::lol::lol:

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

There is a lady that makes soy candles and sells them at Honeybeez & Co gift store in Garner and they are great candles! (and no I am not the one that makes the candles either) LOL I believe they are called Candle Light Treasures and they are awesome plus less expensive than Yankee candles too! :)

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

where is the store?

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, after I get moved and settled, I plan on having a PartyLite candle party. The lady was wanting me to have one right after Christmas but I told her I had to wait until after I get moved. I am looking at maybe March. Just let me know.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

On the backside of Garner TV & Appliances on hwy 70. That is also accross from the NEW and HUGE Anfessa's Jewelry/Ballroom. Her candles are great though for a true smell all the way thru and she has lotions too. I like the lotions because they are not a strong perfume smell.

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I like Scentsy!

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I agree with Party Lite

10. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Just lit a bunch of PartyLite candles here! The consultant HG mentioned, Barb Louis, is great!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love scentsy too but the local seller i have had business with left a lot to be desired seriously. The only thing about scensy is that it does require electricity so the lovely true candle burning during black outs doesn't put them out as an alternative.

12. LLI

LLI Active Member

TIP: We don't burn candles in our showroom (We used to, but after coming in one morning to a candle that was already lit, we stopped)! Our answer was a jar candle and an inexpensive coffee warmer! This method vs. a burning wick helps the smell last longer, no smoke, no matches...NO FIRE! :) And should the power go out (or the electric bill go unpaid), if you keep the wick standing upright, candle will "re-form" around it when left unheated and then you can burn it! :)
    PS: We haven't found soy candles that work well with this method... yet.

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I use one of those warmers upstairs! love it!!

14. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Huge candle lover here as well. I haven't tried PL....guess I better now after all the recom.

15. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

WoodWick candles are the most fragrant and longest lasting ones I have found and I am a candle addict and have tried lots & lots of brands. The only place I know to get WoodWick is at Cracker Barrel. Check out the Caramel scent...it will fill your entire house with a yummy caramel vanilla smell! Plus it has a crackling sound like a fire that I think is kinda cool. Yankee Candle is good, but I have found if you buy the ones at the outlets or the Yankee Candle brands from Kohls or other places they dont have the same good smell. We bought some Balsam & Cedar candles from the YC outlet in Smithfield and you can barely smell them if you stand right beside them. When I buy Yankee Candles I get them from Bed Bath & Beyond, Belks or other place, because I have had bad luck with the YC outlet and Kohls YC candles. I love Bath & Body Works products but am unimpressed with their candles, doesnt burn well and not enough fragrance.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! I'll have to check them out!

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I saw Scentsy at a craft/vendor fair, and really hadn't decided about them yet. I didn't buy any, didn't know if I wanted to make that investment in the burner thingie. The rep was very good and super friendly, I am on her email list and can pass her info on to anyone next time she emails me.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I might be wrong, but I want to say I've seen the Woodwick candles at DeWaynes in Smithfield.

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

That is the only reason I started selling them, cause they are the only ones safe for the birds, I love them. Thankfully I still have some stock left from when I sold them.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It must be a guy thing, the cotton scent... you're the 3rd or 4th guy I have heard that from lately. It must be reminiscient of mama doing the laundry. lol

And I like Party-Lite.