Please ask your children what they've done

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, May 27, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And BTW, not that I care but Avatar was being shown at the HS the other day. :mrgreen:

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

ok maybe I looked at her post a little different, but some parents believe their money or family make them special and they should receive better treatment then you and I.. But honestly all the kids should be treated the same no matter what but that doesnt happen!!

3. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

The problem with that rationale is that more money does not always equal better education, or better public policy. It is how and where the money is spent. There are trillions spent here in our own country that are wasted, too -- not just in Iraq and Afghanistan. Believe it or not, some of it is even wasted in the school system.

I agree that teachers and schools need adequate resources, but money isn't everything. Many of these problems existed many years before President Bush (either Bush, or even Reagan for that matter) sent one soldier into Iraq or Afghanistan.

And off topic a bit, but that little "lesson in English grammar" you said was "indicated" in an earlier paragraph of the post referenced above (I didn't repeat it here) was a bit rude, IMHO. There are other misspellings and typos and misuses of grammar elsewhere in this thread by others -- probably some in this post by me. When I am posting on a message board I often write in sentence fragments. Just trying to get my point across in a limited amount of time and not so much worried about being perfect. See, I just did it again. Feel free to correct away if that is the best use of your time. Hey, maybe I've just stumbled upon something we could give the kids to do in the last two weeks of school. They could even do it while watching movies.