Please Pray for....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blackbearz, Aug 16, 2006.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

It is so sad when life is lost or dramtically changed at such a young age. I worry to death every time my kids step out the door. My prayers are with everyone that was involved and their families

2. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

According to a family representative, the accident investigator told them the evidence showed Melissa DID stop. Her speed at impact was 14 MPH. According to the residents, DOT did not cut back the weeds until they were notified of their height AFTER the accident. If you drive a van, truck, or SUV, then the weeds would not have obscured your vision. If, however, you were in a compact or small car, then your vision would be limited.

With regards to the license issue, if a 16 year-old has a license with no accidents for 6 months, they can have more passengers in the car. Melissa has had her license for over 6 months. Unfortunately, the media does not want to get away from their original story and report this information.

3. ECUBound

ECUBound Guest

I remeber this happening to my friend

I graduated in May of 05 from WJHS and I know what these girls friends are going through. The 1st day of my 2nd semester of my Senior year is when a good friend (Chris Stancil) was killed. It is one of the hardest things any teen can ever go through. Just take this accident as a lesson....You can never be too carefull when you drive. No matter what age you are!! My prayers go out to you alll

4. lilmisspriss01

lilmisspriss01 New Member

thank you. b/c that other person obviously didnt understand me. i talked to the investigators at the candlelight thing. so i think i know. thanxx

5. WestTrombone71

WestTrombone71 Well-Known Member

why so defensive on either side...if she stopped, she stopped. If she didnt, she didnt. Arguing over it only trivializes the two lives lost.

All families involved are in my prayers. My best friend worked with Emily and another good buddy of mine dated Alyssa's older sister. Hard times for all.

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

ITA right now al these families need is prayers....

but htings like this scare the crap out of me when it comes to my daughter driving. :/

7. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Services for Alyssa

Any word on when/where the services will be for Alyssa?

8. blackbearz

blackbearz Well-Known Member

Alyssa

The wake is Wednesday from 7-9 at Brown Wynne in Garner.

The funeral will be Thursday at 3:00 at New Hope Presbyterian on Highway 42.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't know how accurate the info is, but a friend of mine who has been visiting Melissa regularly says she is not doing well at all and brain damage has been confirmed.

So sad and heartbreaking for them all.

10. chik

chik Well-Known Member

So sad my heart aches. My daughter had Mrs. Heider for 8th grade lang. arts and she was one of her favorite teachers. Melissa was on my son's tee ball team 10 years ago when she was 6. She was also a former neighbor, in South Fort subdivision for a while. I know her parents well and always got along well with them. I didn't know Alyssa or Emily. My prayers go out to them, to the community, and to all families.

Laura..in Colorado...

11. scotsman

scotsman Member

Re: Alyssa

Can someone please verify the location? I checked the listings and there are 3 for Brown-Wynne non of which are in Garner (2 in Raleigh and 1 in Cary).

12. scotsman

scotsman Member

We too have been deeply affected as both our kids had Mrs. Heider over the last few years. My son had her in Middle School and had visited with her last year (he's now at West as a Junior) and my daughter had her for Senior English and advisor on her Senior project last year (class of '06).
    It's so difficult to find the words to express our sorrow. I know I've tried to give our kids more family time, hug them a little bit longer, and try to listen to them as they deal with this terrible reality.
    All I can say is our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of the kids involved in this tragedy, and to all the kids at West who will start school this week on a very difficult beginning to the school year.

13. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Information for the wake for Alyssa:

The family will receive friends from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Wednesday at Bryan-Lee Funeral Home, 1200 Benson Road, Garner.

14. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

Has there been any update on Melissa? I haven't heard anything, and I was just wondering. I don't know any of these girls, but my heart and prayers are with them and their families. Please post an update on her condition.

15. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Out of a tradegy, others may have a better life. Aylssa's organs were donated and as of this morning this from her mom:

My little girl has already been a miracle to many people. As of last night, her left kidney, pancreas, and liver went to patients at Duke, and her heart is in Texas. Perhaps, another family is resting peacefully tonight.

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Bless her and the family for donating organs, and saving lives!!! That took my breath away.

17. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

What a wonderful statement by a mother? I hope, if ever placed in the situation, I pray that I'm not, that I will make the same wonderful decision. What a way to honor your childs life, by saving someone else. I commend her mother, and I continue to pray for them everyday. I also pray that other students will use this as a reminder of how they are not promised tomorrow. As kids, we sometimes think of ourselves as invinsible(sp).

18. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Well put sarahmama! I agree. :)

19. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

sarahmama - I agree with MP. You were able to say sooo much with so few words.

I didn't know these kids but it sounds like they touched a lot of lives in a short amount of time ... and now Alyssa will continue to go on touching the lives of many more stangers for a long time to come. Apparently these girls didn't get to be the wonderful individuals they were on their own - its obvious that they had some pretty amazing parents too.

20. chik

chik Well-Known Member

Melissa is still in a coma, and according to the family is restless. She is being moved from ICU to the 4th floor. She could wake up tomorrow or it could take a long time. They are going to start some therapy. I talked with Jeff's mother on the phone at Duke this morning.

All prayers are appreciated.