Please Pray for....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blackbearz, Aug 16, 2006.

1. lisannpress

lisannpress Guest

Speed limits on Raleigh/Sanders Rd

Is there anyone else out there concerned about the speed limits on these back roads? 55 mph seemed ok when it was just farms around here,but there is more traffic with new housing developments popping up all over. I'm really concerned. Many do not heed the 55 mph speed limit on Sanders Rd, and twice in the past month I've passed trucks crossing the center line. :( Who do I express concerns to?

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The department of transportation.

3. chik

chik Well-Known Member

I always thought 55 was too fast for some roads in the area. I am still concerned as my son is attending West and lives with his dad out there still. Can you do a survey? Have a town meeting? Do a petition to lower speed limits? I don't know what rights ya'll have to fixing the speeds...just some ideas.

4. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I live on Raleigh Rd. It was bad before the high school opened but mornings and afternoons during the school year it is sometimes like a race track out here. I wish the highway patrol or sheriffs department would start cracking down. It not just the teen agers, i have seen dump trucks, cement trucks and all kinds of vehicles cross the center line at some of the big curves.

I am sorry for the loss of the two girls and the one still holding on....maybe some good can come from this tragedy if it will make teens slow down when driving these roads.

I have nothing but praise for the family that donated organs, I hope they know what an extraordinary gift that was.

5. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I have already been dealing with DOT for several years now in regards to the 55 speed limit on Raleigh Rd down by where the accident occurred. They have been out several times & will not lower the limit. The one thing they said is that reducing it to 45 is not going to make speeders slow down...which is true if these people can't abide by 55 they are certaintly not going to abide 45. SHp has been out as well to radar the speeders & most of them.........were adults!

The other reason this side will not be lowered is due to all the farms around this side. There are not sufficient amount of homes-population to cause this speed to be reduced. This is what I have been told for several years.

I have been trying to get this done b/c of problems with drivers not stopping for school buses.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

7. lisannpress

lisannpress Guest

I've lived on Sanders Rd for almost two years and can honestly say I've never seen anyone pulled over - not once. I thought of expressing my concerns in an editorial in the Cleveland Post, thought I'm not sure what good that would do. I hope to attend the Sept 18th town meeting at WHJS. Hopefully, someone from the DOT will be there to hear.

8. ready2cmyKing

9. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Well said Sarahmama!!! I could not have said it any better. I hope I will be able to do the same if I am ever faced with that decision. I carry a donor card myself and hope if anything ever happens to me my wishes will be granted to donate my organs!! What a wonderful thing to do!!

10. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

How is Melissa doing now?? Anyone know?

11. ready2cmyKing

Here are some quotes from the comments section on Melissa's myspace page...

...so I hope that is good news. Anyone know her or the family?

[​IMG]

Melissa's on the right. ^

12. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

OMG!!! I just realized after seeing the picture of Melissa that I know her mother! It's funny how you remember things. Our prayers have been and will continue to be with all of these families.

ready...how did you get the myspace stuff?

13. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

From the contact I've had with family members, I don't believe Melissa has actually "woken up." She is no longer in ICU (a good sign), but she is not in "recovery" mode at this time.

14. Krusty

Krusty Guest

Hopefully Melissa will make it through this. We had a computer graphics class together, two years ago I think, but its still sad this happened. This whole thing has been terrible. I didn't know the other two girls, but I do wish the best to all the families recovering from this.

15. ready2cmyKing

Another comment from Melissa's myspace page...

Sounds promising!

16. kw

kw Member

Has anyone heard any updates on Melissa?

17. Krusty

Krusty Guest

Notice this started to get buried down the page.

Any news?

18. blackbearz

blackbearz Well-Known Member

Melissa

I heard that she is awake and responding to visitors and able to speak. They are still not sure about long term effects but thank goodness she has come this far.

19. Krusty

Krusty Guest

Okay, thats really good news. :)

20. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Melissa is going to rehab today to start her long journey to recovery.