please someone help her!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by doggymom, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Congrats! Here is the sweet old girl (she's 12 or 13) that I adopted from the JC animal shelter last May. She's one of the great loves of my life! :)

[​IMG]

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Awwww, Ready, she is beautiful and looks so happy!

3. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I cannot understand why people relinquish such beautiful animals, just because they are getting older.

4. MisunderstoodMind

MisunderstoodMind Well-Known Member

This old girl was abandoned with one eye, 3 feet, bald, infected gums, and starving. Some people just suck.

[[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I actually know a little about her history and I know that I'm her FOURTH owner! She is 8 pounds of pure spunk & personality, and I love her to pieces. How anyone could have given her up is simply beyond me. And to think that 3 people did that to her in her lifetime. How? :confused:

I also have an even older dog that I adopted for the Harnett County animal shelter. She was a sad ol' bag of bones when I got her (half starved) and now the old girl RUNS me through my yard!! :lol:

(MisunderstoodMind, that is a sweet looking little one too.)

(Thank you, Zoo.)

6. doggymom

doggymom Well-Known Member

Well, She is home. Her eyes were clued shut and covered and caked up with nasty green discharge. She is blind or mostly so anyway. She has what appears to be a possible mammary tumor or cyst. Numerous small growths at other locations on her body, and she is missing part of one of her front paws, that looks as if it was amputated at some point. She smelled terrible and was lying in her own urine. BUT>>>>>> She loves me, and I love her. She got a warm bath and I gently cleaned her eyes and put an antibiotic ointment in them. She spent last night sleeping on my lap. She is learning the yard, and already has figured out how to find the steps and make her way to the door when I call her. She is very sweet. I know now, that she will die with me. The original plan was to foster her, but She has so many issues that I dont think anyone else would love her like I do. So, we will give her a good retirement home, and lots of love. She will be given patience and love till the end, whenever it may be. Thanks to everyone who cared. Please consider making a donation towards her medical care if you can. JCAPL.org....and tell them it is for Angela Lee's Cumberland County Animal Shelter rescued poodle. And let me know if you make a donation...I will send you pictures and a personal thank you.:lol:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I could just cry.

8. doggymom

I know!!! Dont cry for her though..she will be fine! The bad stuff is over now! I am realistic, I do believe she is at least 12 years old....and has health issues. But I have alot of love..and so does she, so we will take care of each other!

9. doggymom

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If the picture is already online, just right click on the picture, click on "copy image location," then go to the post you want to put the picture in. Across the top you will see a row of formatting symbols. Click on the one that looks like a picture postcard. A dialog box will open. Do not click in that dialog box, just hold down the control key and press the letter v. Then click OK. Voila! Your picture will appear like magic!

[​IMG]

11. doggymom

12. doggymom

ok maybe not...i will try again later! lol

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You just left out a step. Try it again, one step at a time. When you click on the picture postcard, you get a dialog box that has "http://" in it, and that is highlighted. You just want to replace that with the location of your picture, then click OK at the bottom of that dialog box.

14. doggymom

She goes to the vet today! I will keep everyone posted! For the people who pm'd me earlier wanting to make donations toward her medical....JCAPL is helping her by paying for her initial visit, I am going to pay them back. So any donations can be made to JCAPL in her name, or mailed to me and I will put it toward her bill. Those who have offered support and love as well as prayers...thank you from Yamani and for all babies like her.

15. doggymom

results of vet visit

below is the copy and pasted version of the e-mail that I sent to JCAPL in regards to Yamani's vet visit today. Thanks for all your kind words. PLEASE consider helping JCAPL either by adopting, fostering, volenteering or making a donation. Without their assistance, she would have died in a animal shelter.

Angie

Well, Yamani's vet visit today went as I expected.
    Diagnosis:
    Mammary tumors
    Chronic dry eye
    cataracts
    cough-possibly kennel cough-possibly due to heart failure -possibly mammary cancer metastatic to lungs-possibly collapsing trachea

Treatment:
    Drops for eyes to keep them lubricated and comfortable
    ointment for eyes to help with tear production
    Rimadyl for pain/arthritis as needed
    Doxcycline for possible kennel cough

Prognosis:
    6 months....maybe more with luck

The good in it all:
    HW neg
    Intestinal worm Neg
    Quality of life -good
    appetite-good
    The meds for her eyes may help her regain some of the lost vision, cataracts are not bad.

so......it looks as if , providing you are all ok with it ; I would like to spoil her rotten and love her until the time comes that she dies, or the vet thinks that her quality of life is such that euthanasia is the kindest option. Dr Seachrist believes that she is not suffering and as long as she is happy and eating that she has a good quality of life. She will need eye drops for the rest of her life , but other than that there is no treatment options that are feasible for a girl of her maturity. I am sad, but to be honest I expected this. I do not regret getting her out of the shelter, even though we do not have a long time left on this earth. I am so very grateful for JCAPL's help and assistance with Yamani. It is my belief that society in general has turned it's back on all animals but especially those that are older, or those with "issues". Nothing worth having is not worth working for. There is a light in this little dog's eyes and she deserves the right to be loved and grow old gracefully and yes, the right to be humanly euthanized in the company and in the arms of someone who cared...as do they all. I won't ramble any further..yes, I am crying again. LOL Thanks again for everything.....I amgrateful beyond words.

Angie
    (and Yamani)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  16. Animal lover

Dr. Sechrist is a gentle, kind soul. I know she will provide Yamani with the best care possible.

17. How's the little lady doing?

18. doggymom

Yamani has crossed the rainbow bridge ????-4/28/08

It is with heavy heart that I inform you all of the passing of Yamani. Although I only had her 17 days, she was a complete and utter joy and a very sweet and gentle soul. She was began having trouble breathing yesterday afternoon. I held her all night. The vet said this morning that her lungs were not working well, and that it was most likely the mammary cancer that had advanced into her lungs. I made the decicion to put her to sleep , and she crossed the rainbow bridge ..peacefully and in my arms at 8:24 this morning. Thanks to all for everything...my heart is broken. I thought that God would let me have her longer. But I am greatful for every moment of those 17 days, and would not change any of this. It is worth the pain to have held her in my arms and kissed her little nose. She was happy, up until lastnight. She wagged her tail for the last time at around 4:30 this morning. Please continue to not turn away from these sweet animals....Let the memory if Yamani remind you of why we do what we do...I know that I will. She has left her paw prints on my heart, and I will love her and miss her forever.

Sorry, I never did learn how to post pics correctly, here is a link to CL with her last pics. Thanks to you all.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pet/659468615.html

19. le

le Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that she was taken from you so soon. They were no doubt the best 17 days of that little dog's life.

20. Animal lover

Oh that is so sad. I'm so sorry but also thankful that Yamani had your love and a peaceful death.