Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 6, 2013.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Been to dss, several food banks, and called Sal. Army. Will stop in on Wednesday when I go back to the community center. Thanks for the papers, I know where to find you rocky... Just give me a holler when you get a few saved up. Another member has some ready, but they go thru them fast. Did you ever get your rider fixed after I looked at it? Mine died for the third time this season. Pushed it to the shedfor next springs problem.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

No never had the $ to get the starter. I went and updated my last post after re reading your initial post. If I had read your post earlier I would of saved last weeks for you. When I get a bunch saved up I will let you know. You and your family are in my prayers

3. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

Sorry for everything you're going through-it's tough and discouraging. Right now you're in survival mode. You mentioned a lot of resources, but not WIC. If the kids get Medicaid, then you can get WIC. That will help with formula, milk and other food as well. When you are doing okay enough to take a breather, check out Dave Ramsey. Get The Total Money Makeover from the library, download his free podcasts or listen to his show on the radio or his website. He program has helped so many people I know, including me. We just became debt-free after years of no hope and then struggling to get rid of past debts. But we did it, and it was worth all the hard work. If debt isn't an issue, just making it day-to-day, getting hints from people who are trying to get out of debt will help you stretch your pennies.

4. sirputz

Thank you..it is discouraging when your back is against a wall. We do get wic, and it helps with some things, but with 4/5 people using milk, and the cost of it, it goes fast, just like our funds. We are due for another wic cutback in a month or so. Thank you for the recommendations, will check them out. With our chapter 13, the debt should be taken care of. We have a repayment plan and are hoping things can turn around enough for us to get ahead and help others like us.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Sir, I am sorry for all that your family is going through. I have some extra Food Lion Thanksgiving Meal Ticket coupons that I could mail to you if you pm me your mailing address. If you collect six of them, they are worth $20 at Food Lion. Maybe other people have some extras, they could send them too so you could get a couple of sets to redeem? Just a thought to try to buy some of the items you need for your kids. Last year, I almost had two complete sets to redeem and the manager gave me the missing one to fill out the set. When people redeem what they have, they sometimes leave the extras at the customer service desk. Again, pm me your address and I will get them in the mail to you asap. Praying that things get better soon!!!

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the Angel Food ministry closed down.

7. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Where did I lash out at Sir? I'll answer that for your you....I didn't. Get off your fat *** and learn to read.

My point is, not that you're able to comprehend it, the liberals here are all for taking OTHER people's money and giving it away. Now when someone from the 4042 club needs help, nothing was offered from the bleeding hearts. Where's BobF, Wayne, and all the other's? At least Sherry stepped up and admitted she'd offer nothing more than her thoughts and a review of a resume (LOL). It's easy to talk the talk.... :nopity:

I meet liberals just like the ones on this board all the time. They're all the same....liberal as **** until it comes to their money. Then they're conservatives.

8. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Tis the season SC...stop with your judgments, and just leave this thread alone. Go away...you're embarrassing yourself.

9. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

judgments or facts? Is it your judgment that Shadow is embarrassing himself.. yeah it is..

10. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

You too, go away....

11. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Hi. I was in a similar situation recently because of the shutdown, but admittedly MUCH less dire and temporary. My friends and family were as helpful as they could be. I don't have a lot, but what can I do to help? My 11-year-old just turned in her field trip money. Can I pay for your daughter to attend the field trip and also buy her required t-shirt for her?

Just trying to think of things that may seem like a "luxury" to others, but are so important to little kids.

You can PM me and I can try to help. I will look out for a message from you. Otherwise, I don't log on here but once every few months. This whole feed is full of examples about why that is...

12. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Go hideinabox

13. Rockyv58

bummer. I think that would of helped

14. sirputz

its ok Rocky, I've got the 4042.com Angels

you all are awesome thank you so much for everything...please put me to work so i can repay your generosity.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

First off, man, I am impressed with the fact that you would come here, and ask for help. Knowing that we have some of the biggest a s s hats all in one place. It must be tough. I have never met you, but I admire and respect you. I will not think about you, I will PRAY for you. I will pray for the despicable ones on here too.

Second, Don't let anyone tell you (and you have proven you won't) what you need or don't need (internet, phone, cars, etc). You have to have the internet to get a job these days. period. You have to have cars. Ughh, don't get me started with these judgemental people.

and last, I agree with Michelle about this board and how horrible it is here now. Even when someone so desperate as you, puts their personal business on here, and you get the reactions from those that are so quick to judge, well, I can't imagine how much more miserable they are in real life, than on here. Again, I admire you. You keep your head up and don't let these people around here get in your heart.

~seek joy in what you give, not what you get.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. Rockyv58

:iagree:

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

:iagree: +1

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

First off, your home boy here is very defensive when people have simply tried to give constructive criticism in supplying him with avenues to decrease his outgoing expenses. Its obvious he only wants hear what he wants to hear. Did I sit in judgment of him? I probably did and would do it again. Did I bite back after his response to my first quote? Sure did, he acted like a 10 year old.

Secondly, maybe you need to ask him if he ever was able to get together that poker game with the $40 table he was asking about a couple months ago or if he has a table reserved at CDH for pool and half price wings that he loves.

Thirdly, filing bankruptcy should've wiped out quit a bit of his debt and/or been restructured to make it affordable for him based on income. Debt that he willingly signed for and now will be passed on to other consumers to foot, in way of higher interest rates or higher cost of goods sold. I seem to remember several regulars on here that had a lot to say about people that file bankruptcy and it wasn't nice talk.

Simply put, him and his wife overextended themselves. Yes they had a run of bad luck, who hasn't? They were not ready to weather the rough times, which in life are certain to happen again. He didn't like it when I suggested they get some financial planning advice, his immaturity came out.

Even after his childish tantrum I still wish him the best and the best for his family. My best advice is still to get Dave Ramsey's book and start preparing for the future because it is sure to get rough again and hopefully he will be better prepared. Also, FEDEX and UPS are hiring and the pay is good for all shift work, unless he has a criminal record he should be able to get hired, they run 4-5 hours shifts as well as 8.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm not miserable in my life, it's a great one and I'm thankful everyday for the things I have been blessed with.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except what is in bold. Thoughts and prayers can be given and nobody has the right to judge those have given thoughts in this or any other thread.

I will continue to come up with ideas to help this family.

Sherry

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I don't come on the board much anymore for the reasons already mentions, but i do check in from time to time. Sir, how are things going? Any luck on that part time job you were looking for? Please let me know if your child has a field trip or what-have-you coming up in the future and I will be glad to help with that. That's an important part of educations, for sure. Thinking of you and your family!