Preschool

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cougar6, May 9, 2006.

?

Would you be interested in a local preschool for 3 & 4 year olds that is not a daycare facility?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cougar6

cougar6 Guest

I am doing a survey to find out if there is a desire for a local preschool for 3 and 4 year old children that is NOT part of a daycare facility.
    Some Information:
    Not a babysitting service
    Is a developmentally appropriate learning environment
    Is a social environment
    Is challenging and stimulating and age appropriate
    Includes field trips
    Taught by certified teacher, BS Degree, AIG Certified

2. cougar6

cougar6 Guest

IMPORTANT INFO FOR PRESCHOOL POLL

Please respond only if you have children who are or will be 3 or 4 years old this year. Although this is not a scientific survey, I would like to hear from people who would benefit from a service such as this. (f your kids are in middle or high school, you need not respond. Thanks.) :)

3. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I would especially be interested if the pre-school was local to the 40/42 area. . There are several in the 40/42 area that are for that age, however they do not offer part time (9-noon), or the program is not that structured. Currently, I drive to Smithfield several times a week to take my kids to pre-school.

4. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

blessed2adopt2 - Have you checked out Johnson Memorial Church Preschool on highway 50 going towards Benson. If you take the exit for 210 hwy (the one after 42hwy exit) Go to mcgees' crossroads interesection and turn left on Highway 50. The church and preschool are about 1 1/2 on left. Check them out! My son goes there and it is very structured and it is from 9am-1pm tues-thursday!

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I responded even though my daughter will not be 3 until 2007. You did not state if this was christian-based. My answer of "yes" was based on it not being religious.

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Will the facility be state licensed and state monitored?

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

We drive up to Garner for preschool... I agree there was NOTHING around 40/42 that was structured & educational.
    We were not looking for a baby-sitter service or a Co-Op program.

8. cougar6

cougar6 Guest

The preschool would NOT be religious based. It would be a half day program. It would be state licensed and monitored. The purpose would be to prepare little ones socially, emotionally, and academically for kindergarten. I would consider extending the program to include Kindergarten. I'm planning to begin in school year 2007-2008 (year after next).

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I would DEFINITELY be interested if I am still in the area. The last thing I want is a crying baby girl clinging to me on the first day of Kindergarten.

10. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

what would the ratios be like?

11. cougar6

cougar6 Guest

Ratios: one adult (me) and I would not want to take more than 8 little ones at a time; probably have different sessions. Nothing in stone yet.