Problems @ Cleveland Middle?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ari, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

A few years ago I had a student at CMS, he is a junior now, and I can't say that things were peachy there at the time either, his 8th grade year when there was an interim Principal was wonderful. I have not had any interaction so far with the new Principal, however the Asst Principal was a teacher of my sons his 8th grade year, and she was always very approachable as a teacher. I have spoken to her this year on occasion, not regarding school issues, and she is still very approachable and in my opinion a wonderful woman. There were issues there with the staff when my son was there, and I am already seeing issues this year. My daughter has nothing but good things to say about the Principal and Asst Principals whenever she has interacted with them.

2. newmom5497

newmom5497 Well-Known Member

Have to agree that we have had positive experiences with Cleveland high...our child is EC and they have been very efficient. Nice kids and responsive teachers....for the most part(will never have 100 percent at any school)

As far as gangs and drugs....the most elite/pricey private schools have those issues as well....it's a teenage issue...not a school issue. If they want to try it...they will find it no matter what school they r at.