progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. glorybee

glorybee Well-Known Member

Count your blessings

Folks, as you can see I don't post much but I have to say this.My bill went from 249.00 to 499.90. There are only 2 of us and we have a small home. But I am not going to whine about it. I will simply pay the bill and count my many blessings because after being glued to the T.V. since Tuesday I know that..............

I have a roof over my head
    I have heat, food and water
    I know my children are safe and well
    I know my friends and family are safe and well
    So, like I said please stop right this minute and count your many blessings.

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Amen...

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Amen! Well said, mama. I love you! :grouphug:

4. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

Our Dec bill was 128.00 and Jan bill is 167.00.

We have gas pack unit. We've usually only fill up once a season. They filled up the week of New Year's for 300.00. That should carry us through the rest of the winter if we don't have any long duration of cold snap, otherwise we might need to top off again in late February.

Our Jan bill was very similiar to our Feb, 2009 bill. Can't recall off the top of my head if we had a cold snap or snow back between Jan and Feb.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Who said anything about not counting our blessings. I count them everyday, but that doesn't change the fact that we all have very high electric bills. Someone is getting richer in the pocket while we all get poorer.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And perhaps if folks hadn't got unexpectedly high electric bills then they might have more spare cash to send to those folks in Haiti. I find your post a bit condescending since you may not know any of us personally and what we are or are not grateful for. I'm grateful to be able to pay that bill..............this month, but there won't be much going to disaster relief, perhaps you can call PE and see if they will help? Have a nice day, bless your heart.

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

$129 last month

8. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

im wondering if they messed up like not crediting payments systemwide or something. its been cold before but our bills never doubled! how are people on a fixed(or broken) income going to pay it? my last feb bill was 171, they wont read this til jan 20 so im not sure what mine will be, but if its too much we wont be eating much next month.and social security says cost of living went down???????

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

After being thankful for the ROOF over our heads, I was SHOCKED that our bill nearly doubled but ...

1) it was super cold
    2) kid home from school - using Power!
    3) extra Holiday cooking
    4) ran the dryer more that ever before too rainy/cold to use the Clothes line
    5) people over more
    6) We are not alone...

Still it better be LOWER in Jan/Feb.

Our bill was a little over $200.00 which is far from our usual sub $100.00 bill.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I always expect the bill to be higher in December, duh, that is a no brainer. The percentage does seem out of whack to me compared to years past. We didn't even use any outdoor lights this year. We weren't even home part of that time and I had turned off all electronics and turned down the heat pumps while we were gone. Sorry, I'm just not buying that much of an increase. Yes, it was colder than usual, but again, we weren't even home and the crap was turned off. I'm thinking it's time for an explanation from PE.

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I bet some of the same idiots whining over prices going up are the same ones that

a) don't do anything to conserve energy or make their homes energy efficient

b) voted for obama and support his inflationary spending

It's easier to just demand companies make less money to cover their costs.

You voted for it.........and you got your "change."

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And you would be wrong, as usual.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

BS. I didn't vote for Obama :ack:

There is NOTHING RUNNING except my computer, the 2 fridg's, and the heat has now been turned OFF. I run the dishwasher about every 2 days, and do 2 loads of laundry every week.

Since BIL moved out this weekend, I'm SURE the bill will be less. I closed the vent in that room and shut the door!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:shock: ...wow...two loads of laundry a week... I remember those days. These days, if I don't do a load a day I get behind.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol: It's just me & DH.

THANK GOODNESS! :mrgreen:

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Oh please....if anyone is whining it's you.

Was the bus on time Friday? :lol:

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Heat is off today!!

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Don't know. He was sick at home with Strep throat and a 103 temp. Take a flying leap.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Oh...well I'm sorry to hear that.

KMA

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Likewise Donkeybutt