progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

But we don't have any money left over to buy stocks :cry:

2. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I just got mine................what the heck happened? Mine doubled too! Anyone got ANY inside scoop?

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you have a heat pump (or ran a lot of Christmas lights), that's the main reason, due to the cold snap. Look at the number of KWH that you used. That will be way up as well.

I also noticed that I was on a 34-day cycle this month.

4. not to smart

not to smart Guest

read the thread, it may give you a clue

5. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

We have 2 gas packs; we keep the house cold, around 62. Family and friends know that when they come to visit us dress warm. You get used to it after a while. I think our home is about 2000sq feet. Our electric bill was around 145 when I opened it yesterday. The bill is down a fair amount for the last few months, not sure why. In Nov & Dec it was around 180. Our gas bill over the last month was 68. We do have an electrical heater that built into the vent in the bathroom, so it rare we have to turn the heat up when using the shower. Also we were home for 2 weeks over Christmas, so the heat might have been up a bit more. We are on the wonderful power from Clayton.

6. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I don't have time today. :p

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I'm scared to get my bill. The bill last month was estimated. There was a notice on it that said due to problems they had to estimate usage (read on 12/18). I went out to check the meter and compare it to what their estimate was. Nothing at all showing on the meter! It's digital. I waited and waited because I know it blinks off and on - nothing. Checked the next day to make sure it wasn't a fluke - still nothing. I checked it the other day, and now there's numbers blinking and they are less than what they were from 2 months ago (mid Nov reading was around 23,XXX and the other day it was 21,XXX).

Do they let you know if they change out your meter??? If it was indeed not working and they changed it out, how do they know what the correct starting number is? I'm just afraid I'm going to end up w/ some humongous bill like my sister did when they traded her dial-type to a digital and she got stuck w/ a $400+bill when her normal bill is in the $125-150 range.

8. THOSE GREEDY PROGRESS ENERGY PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY TRYING TO BUY MORE YATS WHILE COMMON FOLK STRUGGLE TO PAY BILS.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

WTH is a "YAT"????????

10. SORRY YOT

11. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Try again, still not right. :lol:

13. WHO ARE YOU MISS SPELLING CLAYTON SPELLING BEE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No... Yought.

Youghtta pay your bill so they don't turn off yer current. lol

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Get back to school......................you need a refresher course, or your spelling teacher needs to be fired. Yat........... yot, funniest thing I've read all day and that's freakin' saying something today! :lol::lol::lol:

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Jerry Clower fans will know she is referring to "yatches"

"Dem yatches was tied up in the harbor.....HAWWWWWWWWWW"

[​IMG]

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I haven't heard that since I was kid, Craig. Thanks. :)

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

WRAL is about to have a segment coming up on "why is my electric bill so high?"

19. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Our bill went from $109.00 to $151.00. However, we use our gas logs almost every night and most mornings. It also helps that our HVAC return and thermostat is in the living room. Therefore, our gas logs heat up the living room and satisfy the thermostat. With our split bedroom plan, the heat makes its way into all rooms. Leaving me a happy man!

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

And it doesn't hurt that you're a newlywed :mrgreen: