PT jobs @ State Fair...

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by harleygirl, Sep 24, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

:shock: I was under the impression that the Carnies did this. I guess I thought it was like a traveling circus where individuals owned, maintained, and manned the rides.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too, sounds a little safer if someone did it on a regular basis

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It's hard work, but in the past these jobs have paid really well.

I've personally been there the last night of the fair and was offered a job on the spot to help dismantle the rides/booths.

As an aside could you imagine the cost of rides and entry if they had to actually have enough people permantly on staff to do this at each location, not to mention the added travel expenses involved.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's why I thought they were fulltime Carnies who lived in RVs. :oops:

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Been pretty much raised around the state fair, taking my second week vacation during this time to work for my parents who have been out there for over 20 years. Now as far as the other jobs, well like the food and retail vendors, they mostly hire from town to town..with so many out of jobs, this is a good time to make some money. I don't ride the rides, even though we (nc) have inspectors that check them out really really close, I just have this thing about getting on something that is put up really fast and taken down the same way, I don't care who puts them up lol, most of the carnies are the ones that do those games and most ride the train that comes in..just like the circus. The ones you see in the RV's are mostly those food vendors..man they do this all year road, we know so many of them, and they make really great money as well..it's their life..it's not a easy one to live.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I only thought some of our 4042 *clowns* might be looking a job. :lol::lol::lol:

<zipping up flame suit> :mrgreen: