Question RE: Buses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jan 4, 2010.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

reality check:

what we have now, is what we are always going to have. nothing is going to change.

So with that in mind, do like I do, and have your own personal plan of action for your children.

:cheers:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Haven't you figured it out yet?? We are just supposed to take it as it is and make no attempt to change things. Gosh, all us survived without car seats,had lead paint in our houses, etc. We are apparently just coddling our kids too much!! Let them stand outside in 20 degree weather without knowing how late the bus is going to be, what's the big deal?? 45 minutes, 50 minutes?? Who cares?? They will survive! They are just kids after all. :cheers:

It's just too much of a hardship to expect communication from the school. :beathorse:

I'd like to see some of these big talkers stand out there waiting on their ride to work without knowing when or if it was going to show up!:mrgreen:

My kiddo is lucky his dad works from home and I normally don't leave til after the bus runs, so really, it is not a big deal for us personally. To heck with everyone else, you are on your own! :hurray:

3. misy68

misy68 Active Member

As a school bus driver in another state for over 10 years and a parent, I know both sides. Unfortunately they don't call the parent if the bus is running late. As a parent I always found it to be ironic how the bus needs the student to be out there 10 -15 minutes before the assigned time. Which is our responsability to see to that but if the bus is late, which means at that point the student has already been waiting at least their 10 or 15 minutes the insider information is that the company counts on the parent to get the child to school. Now if the parent calls (if you can get through to inquire about the lateness) the company is then put on notice and either they already know about it from the driver themselves or from other parents that called before you. Technically, they are "required" to send another bus even if it is only just for your child. Free education and free transportation are just that. It is not the responsability of us parents to provide that transportation because then it is no longer free. From the other side of that coin as I said earlier, if the driver comes in late to work they would get in trouble just as anyone would that came into work late but if it is an unforeseen breakdown that can't usually be helped. Either way the bus company can be forced to either pick up the student no matter what or how late or they can actually be forced to reimburse. Is it a pain in the but? Yes. Are they ultimately responsible? Yes.
    Michelle

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I like turtles.

5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

We pay for it with tax dollars and the infamous Education Lottery. It's not free and they should be held accountable like any other business. However, I agree it's just not feasible to contact the parents in a situation like this.

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

The government hates competition.....without it allows them to do as they please.

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

http://www.wral.com/traffic/story/6738636/

hope. change. you dont know what the F youre talking about.

8. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I DO get it....I was just making a suggestion.....I'm beginning to feel like I do at work.....that my ideas and opinions mean SQUAT. :banghead:

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

We were talking about schools....and even your example is not the same. Thanks for coming out.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I personally appreciated the suggestion. Like Kellbell yesterday, I was looking for an actual discussion with possible solutions if there wasn't one already in the works. Not some smart donkeys telling us how rediculous we are being for daring to question the status quo. My bad, won't happen again. :cheers:

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

BS...you were venting and masking it with your "concern."

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Yeah right that was the old discussion boards! Amazing that actual discussions took place and seemed to cease when the diarrhea of the keyboard aka Wulfpecker came around.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

[​IMG]

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OOHHH!! Now he has a crystal ball!! This just keeps getting better and better!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:popcorn:

Tell me what the lottery numbers are going to be tomorrow, I really could use the money. :allears:

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

BR549

16. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Gowulf should be more like GoChihuahua, becuase that's about what it amounts to. Yapping to be yapping for no reason other than the yapping itself. Don't like what I post, move right along, I surely won't mind.

The fact that you started a whole thread the next day makes me think you have some real "issues" there bud. They make meds for that you know. :mrgreen:

Now go **** on someone else's leg for a change.

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

take your own advice prissy

19. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

I feel like it's not that people "don't care how it's done in New York" - they don't care how it's done ANYWHERE.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Prissy? :lol::lol::lol: