Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

-- Winston Churchill,

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course."

-- Martin Luther King Jr.,

poppin cork, BobF and Wayne Stollings like this.
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"What we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning."

-- Werner Heisenberg, theoretical physicist

Sherry A. likes this.
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Saw this outside a church in Roanoke, VA earlier today on my way to Covington.

"We believe in the seperation of Church and Hate"

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them."

-- Washington Irving,

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."

-- Arnold Bennett

I would like to add to the above that unless you change, you really cannot improve, even if there are a number of failures on the way!

poppin cork likes this.
  9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"I have learned that the best way to lift one's self up is to help someone else."

-- Booker T. Washington

Sherry A. likes this.
  10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

-- Helen Keller

11. todill

todill Member

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing it does not belong in a fruit salad.
    - Unknown

Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

-- Oprah Winfrey

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I'm happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.

Lucille Ball

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."

-- Colin Powell

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.

Mark Twain

Rockyv58 likes this.
  17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

“You can observe a lot just by watching" - Yogi Berra

RIP

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"When you trust people you work with and you let them have that freedom, that's when the chemistry happens." - Jeff Ameht

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

OK, I realize it is three "Quote of the day's"

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."

-- Seneca, philosopher

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams