Raise postal rate or stop Saturday delivery?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Folks,

Not trying to start anything. No, I have not heard that the USPS is raising the postage stamp rates.

If USPS asked whether you;d prefer to have an increase in the cost of mailing, versus their eliminating regular delivery on Saturday, which would you prefer?

Neither our publishing business, nor our personal mail on Saturday is that critical to us, so I'd vote for the No Saturday delivery. Seems to me that this would also cut down on the fuel consumed, and reduce, however slightly, the number of vehicles on the streets.

Just asking?

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well, if I had to choose no Sat. delivery. Thankfully, I do all my banking online and I don't ever have to mail anything out!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You have GOT to be kidding me! I still have .37 stamps :roll: :roll: AND .39 stamps.

When will be bleeding end? :roll:

How about NO Saturday delivery!
    Geesh almighty

4. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Now that people are becoming more comfortable with paperless bills, etc, cutting out Saturday from delivery wouldn't raise as much of a stink as it would have 10 years ago. I think they should suggest it. The postal workers would still have to work, but they wouldn't have to deliver.

Frogger

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hey, I like my mail on Saturday. That is the highlight of each of my days, going to the mailbox and reading my magazines and mail and junk mail. I miss not going to the mailbox on sundays...... Keep the mail flowing, raise the stamp rate....

6. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

i would miss my mail on saturday, but i also beleive the increases are due to the increase of online banking and paperless billing which i love.

7. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

I works for USPS. It would be GREAT for us workers not to work on Saturday, BUT it will cause backlog in our work. For example, if no Saturday, all Saturday mails will go together with Sunday's/Monday's mails (3 days worth of mails in one day). It will be difficult for us to meet deadline (most of us need to get out of the post office between 10 to 10:30 am, depending on the route). With three days worth of mails, we probably won't finish sorting until after 12 or so, which is not a good idea. All outgoing mails must be in the post office before 6pm. We have a truck that comes in our post office and pick it up to ship it to the main facility.

8. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I would just like the comfort of knowing that my mail will be delivered to my mailbox........What would that cost me?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! Seriously! I get other people's mail all the time, makes me wonder who is getting mine! How about a consistant time too? We get ours any time from 1:00 to 5:30 or 6:00. :lol:

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

No Saturday. I pay my bills online and most of the time all I get is junk in the mail anyways.
    Sheri

11. ws

ws Well-Known Member

same here

12. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

I wouldn't miss the Saturday mail too much (DH would though). But, I'd not be willing to say stop the Sat. delivery instead of raising rates because as soon as we all got comfy with no Sat. deliveries, you KNOW they would still raise the rates anyway. Nope, I don't want to end up paying higher rates for 1 day less of mail delivery. No thanks!:roll: