Reading Between the Wines LocAL Book Club

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Aug 19, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight:cheers:

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Bad news...I can't find a babysitter for tonight so I'm not going to make it, which stinks because I really liked this book. I did know my schedule was going to be tricky for me, but I do want to come when I can and read the books that are recommended anyway. Enjoy ladies! :cheers:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Booo! :cry:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree: We'll miss ya

5. VolleyGrl

I know! I'm bummed. Maybe I can catch up with you gals this weekend sometime. My mission between now and the next meeting is to find a reliable babysitter!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who came to Thursday nights meeting! We had a great discussion on our first book, The Scent of Rain and Lightning.

If anyone who was not able to attend would like me to post some of the topics from our discussion, let me know.

We chose our next book, and it is going to be;

The Peach Keeper
    by Sarah Addison Allen

I looked and found it is available both on Kindle & Nook as well as hardcover and paperback.

Our next meeing will be Thursday, Oct. 20th @ 7:00pm.

The place for the next meeting is still to be decided by next months host. An update will be posted as soon as that information is available.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We have a location for the next meeting on Oct. 20th. We'll be meeting in the sunroom at Terrafin Station @ 7:00pm.

See y'all then, enjoy the read!

:cheers:

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Probably going to miss this one as well .. *sigh* My parents are going to be in town from Missouri for just a few days that week, and they're leaving early the next morning (21st). ONE of these days!!!

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Hey ladies, I will be missing this one as well, as my month has been hell and I have yet to get the book and read.. :( Maybe next month will be better!!

Hate to miss it

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

See you guys tonight, sorry you can't make it Sassy & Elims, off for the rest of the day to take my dgs to celebratory birthday lunch & shopping.

11. PAtoNC

PAtoNC Active Member

Thank you for allowing me to "sit in" on your Book Club last night. I had a great time. It was really nice to meet all of you and I am looking forward to reading the next book. :)

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It was great meeting you, hope you will continue to join in :cheers:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree! Welcome!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I agree too! It was great to meet you and glad you'll come back next month!!

:hurray:

15. VolleyGrl

I just bought "Sarah's Key" used for $3. I am 175th in line for it from the library. I figured that might cut it too close. Actually, I probably wouldn't even have it in time for the next meeting!! I guess that speaks to how popular it is!! :)

16. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Cant wait til next month.. Can you say Football is OVER!!! woooo

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

one more game!! then wrestling season starts!

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray:

It'll be good to see you again!!

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray::hurray:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You wont' have far to travel, it's at my house this time. :cheers: