Real Media Player...

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by harleygirl, May 10, 2005.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I just downloaded RealPlayer and when I view what I'm trying to view which is a link to the Johnston County website which I am on and have never seen before http://152.31.96.26:8181/ramgen/JC_HR.rm for some reason while it's playing it stops and starts again. I can hear Ernies voice in the background but the video itself doesn't seem to catch up very well. What in the world is going on? Do I need to reset something or is it just the video?

Thank you!

2. appcomm

appcomm Well-Known Member

The starting and stopping of the video and audio can come about due to several reasons:

1. The web server that is sending out the video that you request may not be up to specs so it is struggling to send out the data fast enough.

2. The data connection that the web server is attached to may be slow.

3. Your connection may be experiencing a slow period, meaning that the data doesn't flow to your PC fast enough to be seen smoothly.

4. When the Real Media video was created, it may have had some problems at that time, causing the playback to be rough.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I like helping out! :oops:

Thank you alll for your advice, I 'll have to check it out later. Gotta get ready for work!