Recruiting

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by wreckinstuff, Oct 1, 2009.

1. wreckinstuff

wreckinstuff Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what an average base salary for a staffing recruiter might be? Just gathering some info, that's all. I've looked online and wanted to get a Triangle perspective.

2. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I looked into the field and what I found is that depending on experience the base salary is usually between $32,000 - $35,000 a year plus commissions. I'm not exactly sure how the commission structure works, but from what some of the people I interviewed with told me $38,000 is average for your first year. However, I'll warn you to be careful of certain companies. I interviwed with one company and the main area of the office was set up like a bull pen. It had 15 recruiters in a cube farm banging the phones (figuratively speaking) and basically begging people for appointments. Just be careful of places that have ads on CL everyday. They have high-turnover pressure cooker environments.

If you get with the right place and you can strike up a conversation with a person at a moments notice, you could do very well.