Regarding embryonic stem cell research ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dad_of_3_under_3, Aug 9, 2005.

?

Do you feel EMBRYONIC stem cell research is morally ok?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May God have mercy on us for not stopping this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Who cares

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Some people just don't get it!

Its simple ...

Would you kill this:

[​IMG]

to save this?

[​IMG]

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Based on you're choice of pictures it is obvious who does not get it!

3. David

David Well-Known Member

Based on that, dad you don't get it.

4. tarheelgrad

tarheelgrad Well-Known Member

Clueless Freak! :shock:

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Am I just dumb, or did I miss something?

I thought the stem cell research was being done from cells of the umbilical cord after the baby was born?

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

There are similar characteristics, but the true stem cells are originally from an aborted fetus.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/05217/549236.stm

University of Pittsburgh researchers have discovered that one type of cell in the human placenta has characteristics that are strikingly similar to embryonic stem cells in their ability to regenerate a wide variety of tissues.

The cells, called amniotic epithelial cells, potentially could be used to produce new liver cells to treat liver failure, or new pancreatic islet cells to cure diabetes or new neurons to treat Parkinson's disease.

Unlike embryonic stem cells, which are obtained only by destroying human embryos, these cells can be extracted from the same placentas that now are routinely discarded after birth. They thus could be a non-controversial alternative to embryonic stem cells.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That man looks like he's got some pre-embryonic stem cells on his shirt. :shock:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

this is just stupid.
    somebody needs to do their homework a little better.

9. Anonymous

two words.....Eric Rudolph

10. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

See dad, if you say it's wrong to kill a baby, this is how the self-appointed, morally superior leftists on the board will treat you.

Quite revealing, isn't it?

11. Anonymous

WHY ARE YOU POSTING PICTURES OF CLEOPATRAS HUSBAND ON HERE??
    YOU ARE SICK!

12. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

And ill bet you thought of that one all on your own.

[​IMG]

13. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Since this is riddled with sarcasm, I have to ask. Does this mean that you think that YOU are morally superior??

14. Anonymous

and here we go.............. The liberal front is getting ready to roll....

15. Anonymous

omg. now that was funny..i laughed sooooo hard...
    good one cleo..
    thank u... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Anonymous

still laughing

wow i must have needed that

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Since stem cells do not come from a baby they come from a fetus, you have again misrepresented the facts, just as the first post did through implicaiton. None of the posters seem to have took the bait and replied based on the facts of the matter, with the exception of your post that is.

Is it wrong to abort a fetus just to harvest stem cells? Yes, I believe that it is. Is it wrong to harvest stem cells from a fetus that will be aborted in any case? No, I do not believe that it is. Do I believe that it is wrong to have another child in the hopes it will be a donor for a current child? Yes, I do. Is there a lot of grey in these semmingly black and white determiantions? Yes, there is but that is life.

18. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Just call a baby a fetus. That makes it inhuman so you can kill it.

19. OneTalentedSista

OneTalentedSista Well-Known Member

Good One :lol: Ha, Ha, Ha, That was great!

20. mfpoore

mfpoore Member

not that you should care

but people die in this world every day. Sometimes horribly, and all of us, liberals and conservatives, couldn't give a **** except when it offends our view of ourselves.
    How many people screaming against the war in Iraq are also screaming for the fetuses?
    How many people screaming for the American soldiers in Iraq are also screaming for little Palestinian children?

In my opinion, there are very few people whose actions have warranted that they should even be given a voice in these matters. Myself included.

So lets armchair quarterback some more football and less science and politics. Unless of course we agree that we can not let matters like these fall to only ideologists, in which case, send your message to senators and presidents.

In case you did not notice, I am ******* sick of the political bickering these days... None of us does anything about it (again myself included). We just Enlightened person.

**** it. I am going to have a beer, and tie a fly. Maybe this weekend it will catch me a trout, (or a bass if I'm too lazy to go that far), and I wont give a damn about the reponses this post generates.

thanks for listening,
    mfpoore