Relationship age gap?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by VolleyGrl, Jan 27, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my husband is 5 years younger than I am....and I don't really have any story to tell. I just think that when you like someone, or fall in love with someone, age is irrelevant.

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

:lol: He's younger than my parents. I think that's a pretty good rule. Besides, it's not like I'm a naive teenager with no life experience to bring to the relationship. I made my mistakes and learned from them and I think that makes a huge difference :cheers:

3. VolleyGrl

Seriously, he has more hair than most of the 30somethings I went out with. :lol:

BTW, I love your avatar :)

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau were just interviewed on the Today show. They have an age difference of 21 years which of course cost her 7 years in prison. I think it said they have been married for 14 years now.

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

My wife is 8 years older than I am, and we've been married 23 years. We've never really thought about the age difference, although a couple of months ago my youngest daughter called her a cougar.:lol:

I wouldn't worry about it at all. As you get older you realize that life is too short to worry about what other people think. Frankly I wish I had learned that 20 years ago. On a side note, when my hair started turning gray I seriously considered Just For Men, but my wife told me she really liked the way it looked and asked me not to change it.

BTW kaci, if my wife finds out I told anyone about the age difference I'll hunt you down. :lol:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that hair was that important, good to know in case I ever have to go back on the market.

I got plenty of it, just wish more of it was on my head.

7. VolleyGrl

It's not at all. I was just surprised there was so little of it on the 30 year old's! and just shows that some of the stereotypes that may be associated with older men - balding, impotence, etc. is unfair.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: don't worry, she sure doesn't look it, i swear that woman never ages:hurray: and btw, i am 4 years older than my DH so i ain't got no room to talk:lol:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WOW, i would never have guessed you were older than he is - my DH was only 19 when we met but i didn't know that for about 6 months and then i carded him too:lol:

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Interesting fact: My hubby's ex-wife is 12 years older than he is. I am 7 years younger than he is. I was born the year she graduated from high school! Their marriage didn't work out, but it wasn't due to age difference.

11. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'm ready for this baby to pop on out! Due Feb 3rd.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's a very good day!

On Feb 3rd, I will be 36 - my hubby turned 30 in September.

The only issue we ever have is when talking about favorite movies and stuff like that - some of them he doesn't know what I am talking about or liitle jokes/stuff like that but we have imdb and wikipedia. lol

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

So in summary, Volley is a gold digger and Allipoop has a sugar daddy. 8)

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

No way in heck you are 36. I don't believe it. 30ish, yes, 36 you lie.

Sherry

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

She's got 15 kids...hell I thought she was 60.

:lol:

16. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

The older you are....the less age will make a difference in most of the cases I've seen....especially when considering second marriages,etc.

Of course the number one issue with later in life marriages is usually stepchildren....which would be a whole other thread!!

17. Cleopatra

No lie.

18. Cleopatra

That's why no children was a prerequisite of mine. Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

19. Cleopatra

And lived in a shoe, right?

20. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

He's only 7 years older than me! Would that make him a sugar daddy?! :lol: When I met him, I was 22 and he was 29. I thought that was OLD!!! I'd never dated anyone over 23. lol.