RELAY FOR LIFE FUNDRAISER - MUST CHECK THIS OUT!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PirateGirl, May 22, 2009.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Relay for Life Fundraiser! One of our very own 4042ers has graciously offered to auction himself off to help raise money to find a cure! Our very own Seabee!! His talents are many! Here are some of the things he said he can do: Weeding, mowing, pruning. mulching, planting, cutting trees, mechanical, some plumbing, painting (not his favorite but he’ll do it) mechanical work on vehicle, whatever is needed (that is legal, of course). This auction will close on Thursday, May 28th at 5:30 pm. Remember, 100% of the money bid will go straight to the American Cancer Society! Since Relay is on May 29th and 30th, I will need to get with you before noon on Friday to collect your winning bid. A check can made out directly to the American Cancer Society (since it’s a nonprofit, it’s also tax deductible). Here are the details:

If the winning bid is above $150, Seabee will donate 2, six hour days. If the winning bid is less than that, he will donate 1, six hour day. So, think of the projects you need done…how long will they take?? After the close of the auction, I will contact the winning bidder via pm and set up a time and place to pick up payment. I will let Seabee know when payment has been made. At this point, it is up to the winning bidder and Seabee to come up with the date(s) and time(s) of working! Any questions???

A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to Seabee for being so willing to help this cause! You are AWESOME!!

LET'S GET THE BIDDING UNDERWAY!! :hurray:

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

WooHoo! I will open the bidding at $50.00!

Seabee, that is so generous of you to offer your services for the cause! I know this started out as a joke, but I'm just blown away that you have decided to really do it!

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Good.. I will go 75.00.... I have a lot of work for me to get done... :lol::lol:

4. PirateGirl

I told ya I wasn't above "pimping" him out! :p

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

is he insured???

(ducking.......8))

6. seabee

seabee Guest

nobody in their right mind insure stupidity... :jester::jester::jester: Cmon with your bid... you can ridicule me as I do your work. :cheers:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers::cheers:

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Will he do the work naked? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

9. PirateGirl

Maybe I should have said nothing illegal or outside marriage vows! :lol:

10. PirateGirl

LOL....so is that a bid?? :lol:

11. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I'll pitch in toward that if I can come over :cheers:

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

This should be a sticky! :hurray:

13. PirateGirl

I pmed webbie and made that request!

14. PirateGirl

So...we're at $175...and it sounds like there will be a party with it! ;)

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Somebody PM Webbie, we could make it a 4042 Sponsored event! :)

For a donation of course,lol

16. PirateGirl

:hurray: That's right! EVery bit of this goes to FIND A CURE! I know all of us have been touched by cancer - in some way or other. It's a win-win-win situation....1) Support Cancer Research 2) Get some work done 3) Tax deductible! Come on, y'all!

17. KDsGrandma

Let me know when you get home, I need to bring you a check! Rachel just clipped Sheba's nails and said to make a contribution to your team to pay for it! Isn't she the best?

18. KDsGrandma

Well, I was hoping to get some work out of Seabee, but I'm not sure he's worth more than that! :jester:

19. PirateGirl

She is AWESOME! Thank you!!!

20. PirateGirl

Now, you know he is!!! :)