Remove the SMART HDD Virus help

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by 1pittsburgh, Jun 4, 2012.

1. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

My daughter's computer has a virus on it. Does anyone have any recommendations of some place I can take it to to get this virus removed. We called the place downtown Clayton and the technician charges $100 a hour. Would like to find some place a little cheaper if possible.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

unfortunately 90 to 100 it the going rate for virus removal. Thats per virus to by the way. I would do it but i am out of state now and I wouldn't recommend anyone in that area. Sorry. The best thing to do is if it is a laptop or desktop from a major company like dell, hp, or lenovo. Do a system restore which will wipe the partition and clean the root kit. Fast nasty version of what to do.

Be weary of anyone promising they can remove a root kit. They may be able to save your data. But you aren't going to save it from being rebuilt. Really sorry.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

You can remove Smart HDD. You have to activate it first though. This web page explains the removal, step by step, and gives you a hacked activation code. Once it's activated the programs reload process of the virus isn't necessary and terminates, they think they got their money.

http://www.precisesecurity.com/rogue/smart-hdd