Reputable realtor?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tigers are Grrr8!, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I'm curious ... how many people are living in your 2600 sq ft house to make it to small?

Neighbor up the street has FIVE children + 2 adults in about a 1500 sq ft house and they seem to make it work.

On the HGTV show House Hunters a few weeks ago I had to laugh at the woman with two children who said they had outgrown their 2700 sq ft house. They could have saved some $ by getting rid of some stuff they did not need to free up space. How much house is enough for people these days?

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We have four kids and two adults... but we have space that is not used well. Like a 700 square foot basement that is hubbies office (works from home) and play room. (hot tub, pool table, computer etc) I would love to somehow make part of it a bedroom. THEN we have one large room of the house for my foster animals, again wasted space for most people but due to my occupation, it is a necessity for me. Our living room is huge, but not set up so we can make an extra bedroom there either...So we end up having children sharing rooms. One of the kids is new to our family and needs his own space, but unless he shares it with animals, he is stuck sharing with another kid right now.

I need to knock all my walls down and just get better use of my house. We can make due, but I want newer and less neighbors. :) We have been here 15 years and I am ready for a change.