RIP Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this.

PirateGirl...so sorry to hear about your sister. Our mutual friend tells me you are a very strong woman (we still need to go out to lunch) and I believe her assessment of you is correct.

No matter how some people die, they may be better off, the family loved them so much but worried constantly. Sounds like you loved her a lot and she will forever be in your heart. What a good sister you are.

Sherry

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

It's just a shame you can't strap someone down and force them to detox. Because if these celebrities who have everything going for them were my family member that's what I would do. I'd lock their happy arse in a room until they got clean and then force them to see all of the things they have going for them that others would die to have even a shred of. I just have a hard time feeling sorry for them. There has to be SOME clarity at SOME moment that tells them that what they are doing is not right and that they can use that very minute, however fleeting, to at least TRY to do the right thing.

And the worst people are the ones who surround these celebs and enable them. Shame on them.

I hate it for the people in the lives of these folks who actually tried to help and who were rejected. I hate it for the kids that lose their parents.

p.s. it's hard to deny the last video that I saw of her when she barged in on a TV interview that was being done with Clive Davis and she was dripping sweat and acting totally inappropriate and erratic. Apparently everybody just looked the other way and this is what happened.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Forced intervention is often needed when one is so far gone, it has,it will and it does work.As with anything in life there are no guarentees. I don't feel its painfully obvious she doesn't know about addiction based on her post. How does animal rescue come into play on this? Criminals vs addicts??? Well sometimes addicts become criminals, but good people easily become addicted and help does work, good people don't become criminals as much. To compare addicts and criminals re-hab isn't a fair comparision is it??

5. BuzzMyMonkey

I agree with a lot of this, you can't make a lot of people do anything but the hope is you get them in more of a clear mind and they may better see the damage they're doing.

On the animal thing I'm not riding with you though. Its not a fair or even close comparision, a completely different subject. Its a good thing there are those out there as passionate about animals.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Part of me doesn't believe she was being completely serious about kidnapping....but stranger things have happened.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

8. 27577

27577 Guest

/thread

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm sorry she's passed, I really am. I have compassion for her friends and family as I always do.

What makes me shake my head is the tendancy to turn her into a "victim". She was only a victim of her own choices. She chose the people in her life, she chose whom to marry, she chose to take that drink and to snort that coke. I don't "feel sorry" for her. Just as I didn't feel sorry for Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson or any other celebrity wasting their God given talents on drugs and alcohol. It's a shame, it really is.

With that said, I do realize that addiction is a tough row to hoe, whether it's a mental illness or a "disease" I don't presume to know. My own grandfather was a raging alcoholic and I didn't "feel sorry" for him either. Do I understand what led him down that path? Yes, as an adult now I do. That doesn't excuse what a complete and total *** he was to his entire family up until the day he died.

MANY manage to pull themselves out of the ditch. Obviously some don't.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Probably one of the best posts of your illustrious career on 4042

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

agree

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

dang, I passed 3 dead deer splattered out on the road this morning on the way to the gym....

we should probably honor them too. have a memorial. at least say a prayer. this is the right thread for that, right?

:ack:

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

They have a gym at the retirement center?

Edit:...whoops that's kaci

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Wow...

Just...

Wow...

15. KellBell

:lol::lol:

;)

16. BuzzMyMonkey

what is wowing you bub??

17. BuzzMyMonkey

dang this may go down as one of the, ahh forget about it.

18. KellBell

funny you should chime in....

I figured if I can't beat stupid, then I would join stupid. 8)

19. BuzzMyMonkey

naw, you didn't join.. you just booted me out of the way. all good

20. BuzzMyMonkey

hey did you hear?? Whitney was broke and bumming a hundred dollars to borrow.