RIP Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Feb 11, 2012.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

all good, just being a fox here. Fair and Balanced.

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The heated discourse in what should be a time of mourning and remembrance.

Whatever her faults may have been, Ms. Houston was a great entertainer, with a beautiful singing voice. Whatever she might have done to herself, she made others feel happy with a voice that might have come from an angel. She died too young and some people want to celebrate her life and mourn her death. I figured that was what this thread was for and about.

But, instead of reading a tribute, I thought I has accidentally stumbled in to the Political Pit.

It's sad, not just in her passing, but the fact that the political nuts have to come out of the woodwork and, well...

Wow... Just... Wow.

3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I could not have said it better!! AMEN!

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You mourn....the rest of us will move on with our lives.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

6. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Well, I've been watching this long enough.

As Cliff001 said, this should just have been a thread for those who cared to respectfully reflect on the death of a world-class musical talent and her achievements that were cut short by the tragic consequences of drug abuse and the temptations that come with fame and fortune.

I haven't read any posts of anyone going to hysterical pieces with idol worship over Whitney, and I don't see how reflecting on her tragic death somehow impugns the contributions of our brave men and women in uniform, or takes light of other tragedies going on in the world today.

CanisLupis, your response to SassyMom: "I bet you walk past a person in military uniform as if he or she is invisible but let some coked out whore singer die in a bath tub and it's time for a 21 gun salute over there by the Archer Lodge Fire Dept.".... is repugnant.

What a hateful comment.

Drug addiction and the downward spiral it takes a person is a tragic event, and I see the effects on men and women daily. Some, through the grace of God make it back before their lives are cut short. Many do not.

I gave 4 years of my life as a young man to the USN, and I've been walking the Thin Blue Line 40+ hours a week for some time now. Do you think I turn my nose up at my fellow vets or LEO's because I started this thread?

But, how could you answer that?

You don't know me and I bet you don't know SassyMom, either.

But, somehow, hiding behind an avatar seems to embolden you to post comments like that.

That's one reason I "look you in the eye" with my avatar and use my real name....to remind myself that I'm accountable for what I post.

So, for those who want to trash Whitney, then start your own thread and stay off this one.

Want to salute our Vets? I say Praise God, please do. Start a thread. It will be enjoyable to read I'm sure.

Want to post comments like CanisLupis posted above? Then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Kent I admire your sincerity here but sometimes one needs to decipher message board banter from gospel. Thanks for your service.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!

Thanks Kent, you said exactly what I was thinking in your post. I am so tired of people being so hateful about everything.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

So not feeling sorry for someone who craps their life down the toilet is now hateful? Now they're all victims? LOL

My goodness...what the hell is wrong with this country.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think what they are trying to say in a situation like this "if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything".

A lesson I sometimes need to learn.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Whitney Houston. You can't turn on the news on any channel with out hearing about Whitney Houston this, Whitney Houston that, Whitney Houston's money, Whitney Houston's family, Whitney Houston's drugs, Whitney Houston's funeral....etc, etc, etc. Enough of Whitney freakin' Houston. She had a god given gift, a very beautiful voice and very beautiful. It never seams to amaze me how people with such talent can just pi$$ it away.

We have men and women serving in the military who risk their lives to give us the freedoms we have. Not one of them gets this much attention when they lose their lives in the name of freedom.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I completely understand Kent's comments, especially coming from him because his posts are always sincere. He doesn't get in to the banter that has defined some of us on this board.

BUT - this is a public message board. When you make a post you really never know what kind of response you will get. There is an opposite opinion to everything. It's like an HOA. 80% of the homeowners have no issues following the rules and life is fine for them, 10% wont cut the grass or put a tag on their truck and 10% are the militant HOA cops that go around measuring the blades of grass to ensure they are within tolerance. I've been blindsided on this board so many times by responses that I never saw coming that I'm used to it now.

The bottom line is that when you create a thread, you are eliciting responses and sometimes those responses catch you off guard. Hopefully, any teenagers or young adults reading this have seen that there is no glory in dying from what most of us believe to be drug abuse.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I know there is such a thing as "a time and place" but I don't believe anyone on here is related to Whitney. If so, my apologies.

14. KellBell

I just don't understand being hateful, just to be hateful. or just because you can. or just because you're on a message board. I mean dang.

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

For the love of all things Holy, would you mind explaining what is hateful about my position of not feeling sorry for those that take a dump on their own lives and families?

Or perhaps you would like to join the others in making accusations without really making sense as to why?

I know...how about I think of a term that describes you without really having basis for making it? Hmm...let me think of one and I'll get back to you.

16. KellBell

I didn't call you out specifically and say you were the one being hateful. Ease up guilty dog. ;)

17. BuzzMyMonkey

well 2 days and 75 posts later you point this out, Kent had a right to let his feelings known and how he feels. There were probably a word or two or three that wasn't fair, some of us are partly responsible at the time for not pointing it out when it happened..instead we continued the bantering about and kept on going till someone really jumped on it. Lets not grandstand it too much if it was overlooked when it happened.

Be good homey. Yeah I know another stupid post.

18. KellBell

see how smart you can be? :lol:

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I must have missed it . . can someone post the link to where they confirmed that it was drug and alcohol related. I thought it was going to take 4-6 weeks for the autopsy results :confused:

20. BuzzMyMonkey

cmon now, I'm all about waiting for facts to unfold, but really?? If I'm not mistaken there is a police report stating apparent drug and alcohol as cause of death. Champagne, beer, pills all there close by. It may be a staged suicide.