Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

To request a Publix in our area, send email to:

Nancy.bowman@publix.com

Maybe if they hear from enough of us, they will be motivated to look into our area.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just sent her an email.

Hope you don't mind but I went and posted her email to the Bring PUBLIX to NC FB page. Believe me there are lots of people across the state that want a Publix

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Kroger stopped doubling in May.

4. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Hey, that's great! I just called the office at 1-800-242-1227. The rep gave me the email address to contact them.

5. Rockyv58

A bunch of people clicked on like when I posted it to Bring PUBLIX to NC FB page

6. Rockyv58

That stinks

7. Rockyv58

Here is the response I got from Publix:

Dear Mr. Verner,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Publix and the Clayton, NC area. Nancy forwarded your email to my attention as anything in North Carolina outside the Charlotte area will fall into Dwight Chappell’s territory.

We appreciate your desire to have a Publix Super Market located more conveniently to you. Although we do not have a signed lease at this time, we are monitoring the competition and residential growth of the Raleigh area for a future opportunity. There are no immediate plans to open in Clayton, but hope any future locations in Raleigh will be more convenient to you.

Thank you again for your support and desire to have a Publix located more conveniently to your community.

Sincerely,

Brenda Adkins

Assistant to Dwight Chappell | Real Estate Manager

Publix Real Estate Department

863-688-7407 x 52447 | Brenda.Adkins@publix.com

8. Rockyv58

Now that Kroger bough HT I hope they don't stop double couponing at HT

9. Rockyv58

If memory serves me correctly didn't food lion buy up Hannaford back in the late 90's? I know when I first moved up here from FL I would shop there from time to time. And since they were sold all their stores in the south were closed.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

11. Rockyv58

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

13. Rockyv58

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

The Harris Teeter sign is on the building! Opening scheduled for Sept 18

15. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

16. Rockyv58

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will look like a Harris Teeter or already more like a Kroger?

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The sale hasn't closed yet (planned for 4th quarter), so there shouldn't be any Kroger influence yet.

19. To my knowledge chain stores like that usually hire an outside company to do IT work. When I worked for Compucom we did work for First Citizens Bank, Kerr Drug, large Wal-Mart projects, and some grocery chains. However, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away so things may have changed.

20. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

The HT sign is on what building? Where???