Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The new HT near Flowers Plantation.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am 50 some years old so you can't call me new and my crap is no where near Flowers Plantation.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What a sense of humor. Love it.

Sherry

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Must be opening soon. HT flier in Clayton News-Star today.

5. bosoxfan

I'll bet there are people near Flowers that read your posts, so I guess your crap IS near there. :lol:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hey! I resemble that remark

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've never been a HT fan, because they are so damn expensive, BUT since they will be appx 5 mins from the house, I'll check 'em out again. Especially when theres super duper triple coupons. :mrgreen:

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I agree HG. I only shop there when something I want is on sale.

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a Kroger in the Clayton area.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Since Harris Teeter was bought by Kroger it looks like you'll get your wish eventually.I went to the Kroger in Garner last Saturday,didn't buy anything,the store didn't look very impressive.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That store has never been impressive.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm sure alot of people said the same thing about Lowes Foods when it came to Clayton, Winn Dixie and Food Lion were certainly cheaper. Coming from Boston, Food Lion and Winn Dixie were a culture shock for me. Lowes Foods was more definitely my kind of store. Better produce selection, better quality deli meats... cleaner store, complimentary coffee and prepared hot foods.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Best thing about Lowe's Foods is their beer selection.

14. bosoxfan

Fixed it for you.

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I remember when I first moved out here in 2000, you could not buy beer at the gas stations, food lion or d r wells. I remember the manager of the food lion at the time being interviewed and saying if the law was changed he wouldn't carry beer cause they did not have enough cooler space. My how times have changed.

16. Sherry A.

I don't drink alcohol but recently went with my daughter to pick up a bottle of wine. We could not purchase it due to the day being Sunday and before noon. What is it with a law like that? Why even have a law like that? We waited that extra thirty minutes and bought the wine.

Sherry

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

A type of Blue law. Some older laws did not even allow stores to be open on Sunday. There is an improvement in there somewhere.

18. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I guess decent people just buy enough on Saturday to last them until Sunday morning :cheers: Never quite understood that law myself.

19. Sherry A.

When I was in high school, in Alabama, I remember my parents could not even buy alcohol in the county we lived in. They always ran into everyone they knew in the next county, who by the way received the tax.

Sherry

20. Sherry A.

Who said we're decent? lol I know are friends are not. :mrgreen:

Sherry