Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Between you and hubby I know you have the money to shop anywhere, anytime. Tell cuz to stop being a tight wad. haha

Sherry

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When me and the Mrs got married 30 years ago we were in South Carolina and it was illegal to buy batteries on Sunday.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Growing up in New Jersey Department stores could not sell cloths on Sundays due to the Blue laws.

One job I had was at a "Two Guys" department store. I worked in the grocery department. All the departments were open but with the clothing they had to rope it off so people could not go and buy cloths. But of course people could buy electronics, groceries, Lawn and garden, even buy alcohol.

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

lol...Hey Rocky...I worked for Two Guys too! I lived on Long Island...Started as a cashier then became Assistant Front End Manager... I loved that job.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Get this, my fathers friend had gotten me the job at Two Guys. The guy was a vice president of Two Guys. His name is Bernard (Bernie) Marcus. My dad and Bernie were childhood friends. I use to call him Uncle Bernie. He left Two Guys cause he wanted to advance his career, and he couldn't become a president of the company. He and a partner started a new business down in Atlanta GA. IN some unused warehouse space in the JC Penny and started Home Depot. I wish I still had contact with Uncle Bernie.

And I will take a Two Guys over a Wally world anyday

6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I know it's a big word for you,, but are is our ... damn your school and teachers sure did suck,,

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Maybe it was not the teachers but the wine. lol Saw my mistake this morning before I read your comment.....glad someone caught it. :lol:

Sherry

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Did HT open at Flowers Plantation today? If so, what are your opinions as compared to other HT's?

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I thought it was scheduled to open on Sept. 18th.?

10. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Yep. I stopped there last night, it's a very nice place.

Supposedly it will be open 24/7. I don't see that schedule lasting long. I'll give it a year at the most until it closes at 11:00pm.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: 24/7? That's crazy.

I haven't been yet, figure I'll let the *new ness* wear off & then trek on in. :mrgreen:

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Shop the sales and bring your coupons!!! I've always said HT's prices are high, and all posts I've seen on Fb confirm this.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yep.. been there seen it.... shop for the sale items and bring your coupons! Also, sign up for the E-VIC, extra deals in your email.