Rusted Nut & Bolt

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Quick check can be to use a set of jumper cables and your car battery.

Connect the jumper cables to the lawnmower batter and try to start it. If it does, the lawnmower battery is probably bad.

If it does not connect the positive jumper cable to the connection at the other end from the battery and try again. If it starts it is in the cable from the battery.

If not, ground the negative jumper cable to the lawnmower and try again. If it starts the problem is in the ground connection at the battery.

If not, turn the key on and touch the positive jumper cable to the stud on the starter. It should turn over. If it does not the starter is probably defective. If is does turn over and start, it is in the starter circuit such as the solenoid or the ignition.

If it turns over but does not start the ignition is probably the issue.

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Before you try and jump with car make certain tractor batt is 12 volt. It should be but check. DON'T jump it with car running.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Starter

Well I know what the issue is now. It is the starter. I want to thank SirPutz. He came over and helped troubleshoot what the issue is. Now its just a matter of raising the $ to buy the starter and have it put in.

Again Thanks to SirPutz and everybody else who gave me things to check.

Bob V