samung galaxy 6s

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by cynadon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

when I got my galaxy 6s, I could go to the text screen, select all, and delete all threads at once. After a few updates I have to select each thread, select all messages and delete all. Am I missing something or did it just change? I want to delete everything in a couple of clicks like it did when I got it.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have a 5 so I won't be much help, but are you talking about deleting stuff in this forum or other applications?

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I avoided the updates just because of such issues, but they eventually pop up when I am doing something else and get access. There is usually a conflict with one or more of the operation of my apps as a result. My email app got so bad I had to delete it and re-install but it still does not operate as it once did. I generally use something with a larger screen whenever possible due to fat fingers and more problems with small print.

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I have a 5 so I won't be much help, but are you talking about deleting stuff in this forum or other applications?

no. I mean on my phone text app. When new, I could delete all text threads at one time. Now I have to go thru name1, select, select all, delete, are you sure, yes. name2, select, select all, delete, are you sure ........

can I delete everything in a click or two now with the updates, like it used to be.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm not sure because the native apps can be different from model to model, but I like to use an app named "SMS Backup and Restore" to manage my text. It allows you to make a back up of your texts, delete all of them, restore from a certain date, etc. It takes a little practice but it works pretty well.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

If you have an Android, you can send and receive texts via https://hangouts.google.com as well. You should be able to see everything that is currently on your phone. At least it works for me.