Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That statement pretty much told me that you made no effort to know about his past.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I have look up Obama on his past experiences and that's why I reasserted my initial statement. I think McCain is more qualified for the White House than Obama. He has served this country in many facets and I believe him to be ready to lead, given the choice between the two men. Furthermore, I'm not that big a fan of Biden. I had expectations that Obama would pick Evan Bayh and I think he was the best choice for the campaign of "Change". Biden represents the campaign of self-doubt on Obama's part. I think the obligations of the office of the presidency is beginning to weigh more heavily on Obama's self confidence and he chose Biden based on his policy and experience. Again, I say Bayh would have been the best choice and better suited for Obama's bid for the White House.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

All four are qualified to be President of the United States of America, you may think John is more qualified, I don't.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'll say that I hope that whoever is elected, that we, collectively as a nation, have chosen correctly.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have no idea which side of the isle these writers sit, but it is well written and if you wanted to know a little bit more about the McCain-Palin siutation...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080830/pl_politico/12997;_ylt=Aib6nKprFxj1xXTNJ.zfSuMDW7oF

The most striking thing to me was that McCain had met her once about 6 months ago and spoke with her about the VP position as late as the day before he announced. Possibly a shrewd move to avoid leaks, but the second time you speak to someone (Ever) is to ask them to be your VP. Wouldn't it make sense to have someone you have worked with or at least conversed with?

7. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

But how much has she run a state government? 20 months of a very small state. Obama has spent the last 18 months campaigning, going all over the country, meeting foreign leaders, getting his ideas out to the voters in the Democratic primaries, and those 18 million+ voters have judged him as who they want to represent them. Sounds sorta like an American Democracy.

Palin on the otherhand has very limited experience and is chosen by one man to be on the National ticket and to be just a heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the world. Sorry, but there are many others in the GOP who are much more qualified than she. Who would ever have thought that McCain would go for affirmative action instead of merit-based selection!!!

8. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I don't understand something - The left insists that the polls are with them and Obama is "the one." Top that with constant complaining about McCains' age, his positions, his choice of a VP, and their overall distaste with the GOP. .

IF they are so certain about all of these things, why not just chill and do the "na-na-na-na-na" after the votes are all cast and counted?

McCain is the underdog, I believe he described himself in those exact words.

Why is the left so afraid of the underdog and his young VP pick? If they were so convinced they had this election in the bag, you'd think they'd just sit back and smirk just picturing that landslide they claim is going to occur.

:confused:

9. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I really wish there was a debate where Obama and Palin went head-to-head. That would be something that would be very telling. I'd bet it would be one close match-up, closer than the left would like to admit.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Mainly because we have discovered over the years that our opponents always seem to set a new low and we can't be sure what their next stunt will be. It looks like the Swift Boating of 2004 might just have been practice.

11. seabee

seabee Guest

she would be like Oliver North at the congressional hearings, they'd be scraping whats left of him off the ceiling when she was done just like ollie did in that hearing.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

correct, just like her nobody will tell them what to do. maybe advise but not tell.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

you can throw out the fact of drilling in Alaska as a reason, if you check 90 percent of Alaskans want to drill it's the outsiders who control that decision.

14. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

15. seabee

seabee Guest

TMZ is the equivilant of the National Enquirer. But then again they were right about the ambulance chaser Edwards, or skirt chaser

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Doesn't that kind of mesh with Sherry's point?

I don't necessarily agree with Sherry's opinion, this was to silly a move to be thought up by the GOP Brain Trust.

Wait, isn't Karl Rove part of the GOP brain trust? May be she does have a point! :jester:

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I find it odd that we keep comparing Obama's experience with Palin's. Palin doesn't become Commander-in-chief on Inauguration Day. You cannot compare Obama and Palin. It's McCain and Obama that is to be compared. Vice presidentual candidates' experience does not always have as much bearing as the presidentual candidate.

Those concerned with vice presidentual choices, chracter and inexperience, I'm curious. Show of hands...who voted the Kerry/Edwards ticket in 2004?

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Since all 4 need to be ready to be POTUS on day one, Friday John just took experience as a requirement off the table. He effectively said it is not important.

I proudly voted for Kerry & Edwards in 2004 and I think you would find a number of folks that voted Bush/Cheney that wish they hadn't.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

How qualified was John Edwards to assume the role as President?

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Per the US Constitution, very!

The GOP has been waving the "Experience" flag, but changed their direction last week.