Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

No, he didn't take it off the table, he put it front and center with the choice of Palin. That is why so many on the left went a bit out there this weekend and didn't know how to handle this. Anytime the question came up of whether or not Palin was qualified, the question turned back to whether or not Obama was qualified.

Obama supporters should be thrilled that McCain chose a young governor who had not been in DC for three and a half decades (as Biden has been) because then they could focus on the experience issue, but that is definitely not what they want the focus of the campaign to be.

I saw an Obama campaign advisor interviewed on Friday and when she brought up Palin's qualifications for VP the interviewer asked her about Obama's qualifications for President and she looked like a deer caught in the headlights. She stammered through it, but never could come up with a convincing argument of how Obama was qualified if Palin wasn't.

Their first instinct was to attack Palin's small town mayor experience, which they had to backpedal on almost immediately. That was probably a good thing for them because some weekend polls showed that many found her small town mayor experience as a positive.

I think McCain's choice of Palin, instead of taking the experience issue off the table, made it a major focus of the race and if Obama is as qualified as his supporters say, they should be glad to talk about that issue every chance they get and we can get a good look at the experience of all the candidates. Instead most Democrats seem eager to take it "off the table."

2. browns rule

browns rule Guest

apparently qualified enough to carry on Bill's legacy, cigar anyone.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You have the art of Doublespeak nailed. I am surprised you weren't nominated as the GOP VP! :mrgreen:

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

KDs,

I, too, don't think women will vote for someone just because they have a vagina but I do believe the GOP thinks that just by making this choice. She is completely opposite on most every issue than I am and will find out that women have been fighting for some time on certain issues and we will not go down without a fight...no matter what gender we are up against.

We will have to agree to disagree on whose decision this was in the end. I am of the firm belief that the GOP did this, McCain does not have the power nor brains for something like this. This takes pre-planning which Rove and his buddies have done for a while. I'll give them one clap for the years of planning they have done to manipulate our political system.

We, the people, must strike them down because the world is in horrible shape and we helped put it their. We must stop torture, follow international law, follow our own constitution and in doing these things will help get our economy back on track.

Whomever talked about Ollie North needs to be real careful in bringing him into the conversation. He, in my mind, in pure evil, along with all those he shielded!

Major decisions to be made in a short time,
    Sherry

5. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Wow, when you all finally crash from that kool-aid high, it's gonna make a really loud noise8)

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No kidding! That's some conspiracy theory you got going there Sherry. I think you may find there are a whole bunch of women who can completely identify with Palin and folks like you are going to be in the minority. There are some things she's for, that I am not, but on the whole, I can get behind her at this point. There is no perfect candidate, and I'll take McCain and Palin over Obama and Biden ANY day. I am actually floored that Obama picked Biden after all his trumpeting of "change". The man is a career policitician if there ever was one.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Guess you missed the last seven to eight years on this planet!

Have a great day,
    Sherry

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Typical response

9. blusdrmr

Another typical response. Liberals are so predictable.:hurray:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, they have announced that Palin's 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant and planning on marrying the father. That's a wrinkle.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

She'll be under the microscope big-time from here on out as the liberal media tries to smear her. Problem with that is they are delving into her personal affairs and those of her family instead of addressing political issues. I haven't seen the story yet about her daughter, but I say that's a personal family matter if so. When MSNBC runs "Breaking News...How many houses will Palin add?" upon McCain's announcement of his pick, this indicates the viciousness of what she can expect. They ridicule Fox News and then stoop to an all-time low. Even Fox News' liberal kickball, Alan Colmes went so far as to suggest that Palin failed her Down Syndrome baby due to lack of proper prenatal care.

Yet, there is supposed to be justification for the Obamas attending a racist church for years that actually videotaped their own anti-American and anti-white spew. You don't attend a church like that faithfully without adhering to those values by default. There are plenty of churches to attend. Obama doesn't want the media microscope on his wife about her questionable statements she has made in the campaign but its okay to sling mud about Palin's family.

Stick to political issues and keep the family matters out of it. That goes for both sides.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Are you kidding me?? Does the idiot not know that Down's is a result of genetic abnormality and not lack of pre-natal care?:banghead:

I agree that it is a family matter, but apparently they had to make the announcement because some were saying that Trig was actually the daughter's baby and not Palin's. Down's is more common in older mothers, although it does occasionally happen in young women as well. Had a friend who had a Down's Syndrome baby when she was only 20.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

True, my sister has Down's and my Mother was in her late 30's, all the older children (with the possible exception of me) are what passes for normal.

14. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

The media got their dirt. I wonder what kind of fall out there will be, if any?

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant

[​IMG]
    Posted: Today at 12:34 p.m.
    Updated: 23 minutes ago
    ST. PAUL, Minn. — John McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, said Monday that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.
    A statement released by the campaign said that Bristol Palin will keep her baby and marry the child's father.
    "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents," Sarah and Todd Palin said in the brief statement.
    "Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," they added.
    Senior McCain advisers said the Arizona senator and his top aides had known about Bristol's pregnancy before offering Palin the No. 2 spot on the GOP ticket.
    McCain's campaign and the Palins asked that the media respect the couple's privacy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

According to USA Today...

"McCain adviser Mark Salter told the Associated Press that the campaign released the statement about Palin's daughter to rebut rumors on the Internet that Palin's youngest son, Trig, was actually her daughter's."

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was/am hoping that after the hatchet job done on the Clinton's that we would have moved on, but I am not holding my breath.

P.S. I see our resident idiot is back comparing Obama to Hitler.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Apparently, Alan Colmes questions her pre-natal care immediately prior to the baby being born, but I don't think he has suggested that is what caused the Down Syndrome.

18. blusdrmr

"resident idiot"? Wow, Hught, coming from you, that is a compliment. I can see you are still here spewing out your stupidity. I guess some things never "change".

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  19. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Sorry KDC, I didn't see that you had posted this already.

I agree that it's a wrinkle. But I'm glad that they released the information to the media first rather than someone else finding out. If she felt it was a skeleton in her closest, I'm sure she would have said no to John McCain. Seems like family-wise she's got a lot of different things going on that many people can relate to, child in Iraq, teenage issues, and raising a handicapped child.

20. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Oh lord, now they're reporting her husband got a DUI back 1984 on CNN. What the hell has that got to do with her running for VP. 24 years ago?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/