Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. colinmama

colinmama Guest

This is true although the Veep gets pretty nice digs as well. Let's just hope John's health keeps up as well.

2. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I agree with you.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm for basic sex ed for teens simply because the urges can be strong enough that better judgement goes out the window. It happens. What I mean by basic is the basic mechanics of it, how to use a condom and the potential ramifications of it, both physically and mentally.

I do believe, however that abstinence should be strongly encouraged and condoms shouldn't be passed out at school at all. Doing so gives the impression of approval to a teen. It should be difficult for a teenager to have to go to the store and buy that box. They are thinking twice and considering the gravity of the situation.

They should also be prepared in the classroom for the wide range of emotions they may feel afterward. Once they indulge that first time, that is something they'll never get back. I imagine many teens do not realize the emotional consequences immediately after the fact as well as what it could mean later on down the road when they can not share that first-time experience with their spouse.

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I have seen another picture of her where she definitely looks pregnant, but I can't remember where & don't feel like searching for it tonight. She's standing behind a podium, and the picture is taken from behind and to her left. The people in the audience might not notice, because of the podium in front of her, but from the angle of the photo, she definitely looks pregnant. I just wish people would drop all this personal stuff and focus on issues, anyway.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

ollie north

that would be me and your tone scares me:twisted: let me put it this way, if you check with the veterans, and troops now serving you will find a very high majority will think highly of him and you know what if he's good enough for them and their judgement he's good enough for me so I proudly will bring him into the conversation. stand down lady

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are you talking about service members supporting Ollie north or John McCain? Because Service members serving overseas are making contributions to the Obama campaign at a 6 to 1 ratio over the McCain campaign.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/08/military_campaigncontributions_obama_081408w/

8. seabee

seabee Guest

9. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

I love you Polenta. :mrgreen: