School Violence

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by joannenc, Apr 25, 2007.

1. momtothree

momtothree Member

Was this Clayton High?

2. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Is it any different in private schools?

3. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

i've read some of the posts on this thread and i went to a private school from
    elementary to middle and some hs i don't remember their being too much of the bulling in the school but it was also a real small school
    now in hs that was a very different situation
    mu whole sophmore year i had issues with other kids because of my clothes or because i wasn't part of a click or whatever, i tried to avoid it just because. i didn't get my parents involved because i knew that would make the situation worse!!!!

then i fought back, my parents found out, we had a conference with the principle and my teachers everything was said and by the end of my sophomore year the same people who where against me wanted to befreind me. all because i stood up for myself

the teachers never knew what was going on with me until that conference and they where very involved in the classrooms, hallways cafeteria and perimeter of the school (within their jurisdiction)
    security guards where also very involved and i even remember their names and they all knew mine as well as other students.

i remember going to the bathroom one day and a girl that stood up for herself
    was told by another student she was going to be jumped the whole student body knew about it except for the administration. the bully was waiting about 2 blocks away, she had full view of the school and the school had no jurisdiction.

in regards to metal detectors my school had that too it helped for a long time until people figured out a way and they do eventually unfortunatly
    (yes i was a city kid)

i currently don't have children BUT i was talking with friend about the school system in the local area and they told me if you are a VERY ACTIVE PARENT with the school they will look after your kids!!!!