Shame on everyone involved.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ginger1989, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Waiting on his standard comment, the one he usually posts after he gets called out for saying something especially stupid. You know the one that tells us to ignore his rants unless he uses the word "seriously" in his post.

2. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

We saw a dog in a car at the White Oak shopping center a couple of months ago. I don't know how long it had been in there, but it was a pretty warm day (not like last week, though) and the windows were NOT cracked nor was the sunroof opened at all. It was pitiful. So, we didn't try to call one of the stores, we just called the Garner Police (regular number) and they sent out a car in just a minute or two. We weren't required to wait since they witnessed the dog in the car. They ran the plates and tried to contact the owner. We drove across the parking lot and watched, just to see what happens in these situations. The girl(s) from the car came out in a minute or two, and when we saw that eventually FOUR police cars were there (slow day in Garner...) we went ahead and left the shopping center.

I don't know if she got a warning or a ticket or what. Regardless, if I was a teenage girl and I came out of Ulta, Five Below, ****'s, whatever to see four police cars around my car, I'd be scared to death and probably it would make an impression about leaving the dog in the car again.

So, maybe it wasn't our business. But we MADE it our business. I guess that makes us busy bodies. I can live with that.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

What? You didn't call the manager of Five Below (or Ulta, or Dіck's Sporting Goods, or whatever) and demand that s/he do something about the poor animal?

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray:

5. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

lol... No, we didn't. There's not much they could do, anyway, but make an announcement in the store, and we didn't know which store it was. Better to just go on ahead and call the police (one of which was a K-9 Unit, to our delight) and let them do whatever they deemed appropriate. If it had been hotter (like these days) then we'd have broken the window eventually if the police took a long time coming, but the hope was that we wouldn't have to be the ones responsible for that.

6. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    :cheers:

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I wish someone would lock up a few 4042 posters in a hot car.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

please, please, please let me pick which ones!!! 8)

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So, who which 4042 members would you murder, if you had the chance?

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Get back in the trunk Clif lol

12. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

If you were not the same guy who said he would shoot a cat off a car I would probably not bother, but sheesh I have a feeling you are headed for a grown up butt kicking if you really act like this in RL from someone some time, since you sound a bit bratty yourself.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Murder? Wow

14. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

15. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I am an idiot because I care a about an animal suffering in the heat?????????????????????????????
    Seriously????
    I was only upset with WalMart because they would not make an announcement that there was a concern. AND that the manager would not speak to me regarding their policies.

I was also trying to show my children to do the right thing and try to take action to do good: compassion for ALL living creatures.

Thanks Clif.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:hurray:

18. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

And what end result were you wishing for in your post? Joking/talking about people being dead is not cool no matter the semantics. Then again, given how high up on yours and your buddies hit list I must be I'm not thinking you care for my two cents. lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

What would you call intentionally locking a human being in a hot car?

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You couldn't reach my butt on a step ladder. Let your cat get on my car....pow pow...pow pow...pow pow...double tap that kitty!! Nasty vile creatures!