Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Harley~

I meant to ask Friday, sorry I'm such a blonde, how's Shelby doing?

Frogger

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I started her on Essiac and she seems to be acting like her ole self. I don't think it's due to the Essiac but it can't hurt. Thanks for checking. I'll keep ya'll updated.

3. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear she's at least acting like herself. :) Still keeping my fingers crossed for her! :)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Harley, Shelby still doing good?

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Oh Harley,

I just read this thread... Shelby is in my prayers.... give her a hug....

keep your chin up... you are a great mommy.

6. harleygirl

She seemed to be short of breath yesterday. But today seems fine.

Thanks sweetie.

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Are you giving her something for pain? I saw a study on TV with dogs, that indicates they feel more pain than they let on when someone is around.

8. harleygirl

Nothing for pain. She seems to be fine. She was running around the yard this am like a maniac! :lol:

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, HG! 8)

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good for Her! :D

11. froggerplus

Harley~

How's Shelby doing?

Frogger

12. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Is the hot weather bothering her at all?

It slows Percy down almost to a halt (two bad heart valves) he barely goes out, except for the necessities, potty and barking at neighbors...

13. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

HG,

I am so sorry. I just started reading this thread. My heart aches for you. I know how much you care for Shelby. Your a good Mommy. Give Shelby a good belly rub for me.

Shelby is in our prayers.

14. harleygirl

Hey swinkles, thanks girl.

She's doing fine. I don't let her stay out on the deck with me for very long. I don't want her getting too hot.

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:shock: *sigh of relief* :D

it scares me when i see you owners post -- give shelby a good scratch for me will ya! :wink:

16. harleygirl

I think I've finally figured out how to get her from freaking the hell out during storms. She likes her kennel so she goes in there and I blast a small radio that we have, shut the door and keep the light on (so she can't see that's it's lightining).

17. froggerplus

HG~

Lucy does the same thing. She was in the corner of the crate during the storm last night. Seemed ok being all curled up.

Frogger

18. harleygirl

Shelby now has a heart mumur (sp) and heart failure. Blood work was done today and we'll get the results back hopefully tomorrow, to see if there's anything else wrong that could be causing her discomfort. She is now on Enalapril for her heart, this medication works by decreasing certain chemicials that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. Has been proven to improve the dogs life and pro long it.

I've been calling her my "cancer patient" now I can add heart patient to the list. Otherwise, Dr. Basden says she's in GREAT health!

Today she just wasn't her usual self, now we know why.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I truly hate to hear this news, HG. You may want to get in touch with ZooKeeper. One of her guys has a bad ticker, but does great thanks to Vet Care as well as Zoo's special touch. I hope the medication helps her and gets her back to her ole' self. I know how much she means to you. Let me know if I can do anything at all.

20. harleygirl

Thank you. I'd just DIE if something happened to her...

I need to start drinking and stop crying!