Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

HG ~ That was really touching. I truly do understand how you are feeling. They are like children. My 1st baby, Candy, is in my back yard. I brought here with me from KS. We had a marble plaque done for her when we were in Ks and when we got ready to bury her, we put her in a container, my daughter wrote her a letter which we put with her, there is a famiy picture with her, her last collar and her favorite toy, (an old sock she loved to play with). 8 years later, I still miss here and sometimes when I am outside, I talk to her. Know that Shelby will always be with you, in your heart and in your memories.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::cry::cry::cry::grouphug:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks FF , I'll see you next week.

Mom, I love you and Shelby loved you so much. Thank you for being a GREAT grandma!

nite nite everybody... until we meet again...

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful tribute to your girl. She brought you so many years of happiness and unconditional love, as you did her.

5. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

6. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Oh, Harley, I just read this. I am so, so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Brenda

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Oh, Harley! I've been away so long dealing with my own life problems, I didn't come back until now. I'm so deeply sorry for your family loss. True, I never met Shelby, but with every word and/or smile, you showed your love of her and Shelby's love for you. Your baby will always rest in your heart.

A LOT has happened in the past year and I have become very dedicated to the Lord and prayer. Little One and I will pray for the ease of the pain and the introduction of warm memories to fill the vacant space.

My love to you and your family,
    Frogger

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh HG, I just got around to reading this post. My heart breaks for you.

I wish you peace and happiness and many fond memories of your baby girl.

So sorry for your loss,
    Michelle

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just want to say that we got to see the pendant HG got that will keep Shelby with her all the time, and it is so beautiful, it made me cry, and though HG told me not to!! I think its just a beautiful way to always have her near your heart.

:)

10. harleygirl

That was my plan, to have her next to my heart. It's very weird, today we were on the bike and I thought *we need to get home to let Shelby out and take care of her* but we didn't have to. :cry: I IMMEDIATELY touched my necklace and KNEW she was with me. My heart still hurts so badly and will forever and I'm very thankful for the support I have from DH (who is making something special for her), my family (who have been WONDERFUL) and my 4042 FRIENDS! I can't thank ya'll enough.

A HUGE SHOUT OUT to mnredsky for your *personal touch* in making her somthing that we can keep forever.

Tassy, quit crying, It's gonna be alright now. Mommy's girl is home and she's going to take great care of me until I see her again. No cancer, no hip problems, no heart problems - we will be running and playing just like we used to do. I'll have to bring some pinecones and sticks with me - she loved some pinecones and sticks.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  11. jazmine31

jazmine31 Guest

Not only will big sis have a piece of Shelby with her, we all will with her memories and great times we shared with her, and i will cherish those always. The necklace is beautiful and a great idea. I have great memories that I hold dear with Shelby, wether it be in Wendell, Wilmington or Raleigh. She was with us every holiday bringing cheer to us as a family, most fishing/beach trips she was also with us. She was the 1st grand dog and our family has suffered a great loss..I am thankful sis has you guys as her support and I know she appreciates each and every one of you. Shelby is already missed by each and every one of us.
    Luv ya sis,
    me

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Apecker!

:jester:

14. harleygirl

I Love you 2! :grouphug:

15. harleygirl

So, I decided today that DH and I are taking Shelby to Harkers Island on July 2nd (the day she was born) to take her back to the beach. I really didn't have a plan when, but was going to pick some random day to do it, but that's not going to happen. I think it would be better this way.

BIL is a super duper artist and made DH and my mom a tin to put Shelby's ashes in. Mom gets one to put in her yard, DH has one that he can keep or bury (not in Apex - vomit).

I can't even tell you the emotional rollercoaster ride this is. One day I"m fine the next - NOT FINE! Today is NOT.

I miss her so much. I still go in the kitchen to get my coffee and open the back door - she's not there to got out with me.

Thank you so much for being there for us.

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, sweetie. Those little buddies are hard to get over!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love you girl, it was the hardest thing for me not to totally break down last night when you were here and i saw Shelby's heart and soul around your neck but i told you i wouldn't so i tried to stay true to my word:cry::cry::cry: That necklace is such a wonderfuly legacy to Shelby, i wish i had done the same thing.

18. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

I am so sorry girl. I know she was your world, baby and best friend.

Call if you need anything.

Tab

19. JerseyGrl

JerseyGrl Member

I'm Sorry

Well I have to say I know this feeling oh to well at this point.... on last thursday we found tumors on our 5 year old Rottie. I did some more checking only to find 2 more behind his legs. We took Jager into the vet to find out we were now battling Lymphoma, our vet advised us to do some x-rays, we did. Only to find more cancer in his stomach. We also choose not to do chemo as to not put him through anything any more painful. We were given 2-3 months with him, we got 5 days :cry:

We came home one day and he was stumbling all around, it appeared he had thrown up all over the place and he was shaking. He sort of calmed down after a little bit and seemed better. The next am we woke up to vomit all over our room and bathroom :ack: At that time we thought it was time and once he attempted to get up and bounced all over the walls with no balance :cry::cry: I had to carry him (100 pound dog) down the stairs and he lost all control of his body. We knew at that time much like you it was time. I think it is wonderful that you got the necklace my husband and I are also going to do that. I think it's a great way to keep him always with my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can honestly say my heart is with yours somewhere just not in my chest.
    Keep strong and let me know if I can do anything.:grouphug:

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. :cry: