Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Today you would be 17. Remember when we stopped in Lizzard Lick and got a MT Dew? I thought for SURE you were gonna rip that guys arm off! Thank you so much for looking out for me and protecting me.

My plan today was to take you to your favorite spot - Harkers Island, just like I did when you were a pup. We'd have to take the boat over to Shackleford Banks OR over to the Lighthouse. Shackelford Banks is much better where you can run and play and can see the wild horses.

I really can't bring myself to *take you to the beach* just yet. I hope you understand. That may be selfish of me, but I just can't do it. Not now. I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to let you go. This isn't the way is was supposed to be.

Your grandma & grandaddy miss you so much. Your Aunt Jenifer misses you too along with Jaz.

Mattie crapped on the floor today - someone shut the door (daddy) to her *room* ( I know right - whatever)

It's been very hard without you here. I've been on the back patio several times and am waiting for you to come outside with me to hang out and drink my Miller Lite - only sips though - just like you liked them - And then you'd beg for more.

We are going back to Clayton the middle of August. Me and your daddy have picked out 2 houses. You'd love the one - it has a pond in the backyard!!! I know how much you loved to swim. The other has a screened in porch AND a HUGE yard for you to run around on.

I hope that you and Hunter are having a blast.

Happy Birthday Mommy's Girl. Be sure to grab Hunter by his tail, just like he did to you! I love you and miss you.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Shelby:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

HG, love ya girl:grouphug:

3. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

:cry: Hugs HG!!!!

Happy Birthday Shelby!!

4. le

le Well-Known Member

Nice b-day tribute hg. I just got word, she would prefer the screen porch/huge yard please.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That was beautiful HG.. and you'll be able to take her to the beach when you're ready, and not a moment sooner. I'm sure she understands, and she's probably happy to still be with you too!

Happy Birthday Shelby... if you see my standard poodle, black - his name is Brandy. Give him a slurp for me!!

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

:grouphug: