Shower cleaner thingy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the new Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaner thingy? If so, how'd you like it, how long does it last (how often do you have to refill/replace) and is it worth it? Thanks! :D

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

We are using it, overall the thing seems to be doing all right, things do seem a little brighter and fresher smelling. I don't think it is a substitute for a real cleaning, in that although it squirts in a 360 degree circle which sounds good but I would bet at least 30% of the inside of the shower curtain does not get hit with solvent. Also since you close the curtain so solvent does not spray all over the bathroom how is the porcelain between the curtain and the outer edge of the tub cleaned.

Since I don't know how much the thing cost (and don't want too) I don't know if it is worth it.

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to try one of them too but haven't yet. I believe they were like $19 almost $20 at WalMart. Anything to help with the grease my husband comes home with to where I don't have to do a lot of bending over the tub and scrubbing all the time. Hurts the middle too much right now.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Someone gave me one... it helps. It went through the solution pretty quick and it is like $6 a refill bottle... but anything that helps is good for me!! I dont think I would have bought it myself.

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've been using it for a couple of months now. My shower is a large stand up with glass doors. It helps with the soap scum build up on the shower surface, but does nothing to help with the mildew than builds up on the stripping (I use clorox pen for that) or the build up on the glass doors. I really can't tell that big of a difference, except I'm not having to scrub it down but once a month now compared to every 2 weeks (I'm a neat freak...can't stand any build up). The solution I get a Walmart...it lasts about 3 weeks in general.

6. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Have yet to find anything that works as well as Tilex mildew remover. Even loosens soap scum so it wipes right off.

Just ventilate well.... the fumes will knock you out.

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Oy, I'll have to try that! I did use that new multi purpse Mr. Clean in a bottle the other week when I cleaned mine and it was easy....

8. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I use Kaboom.
    I love that stuff.
    The fumes are not harsh at all, and it leaves a beautiful shine on everything.
    Spray it on, wait about a minute or so, and wipe off.
    Not too expensive either.
    I don't think the shower thingy
    would work too well,
    how would you get
    the solution ABOVE where the nozzle is.?
    Oh well.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I use straight Clorox :shock:

10. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I like to drink when I clean and for some reason bleach messes up my beer tasting receptors. Something to do with the chlorine I guess.

11. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

My bro!

I go in, turn the fan on. spray like hell, then get the hell out of there, shutting the door behind me!

12. Carol-Ann

Carol-Ann Guest

I am more of a lurker than anything else but I had to reply to Quincy8Boy. I thought that my husband was the only one who cleaned while he drank. Once I have a glass of wine, cleaning is the last thing I am going to do, but buy my husband a 6-pack and he will have the house sparkling when I get up in the morning. I use to love it when my husband drank, :D but now he only drinks once a year at the company Xmas party. Now, if I could only find a cheap drinking maid.....