Simple Twist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 4, 2014.

1. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Agreed.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Marie, sounds like we had the same waitstaff! LOL

It was very good, but it was the same dish that I used to get, with less of it. I understand Terrafin went through some changes recently, and we weren't frequent diners there. Honestly, to go spend that kind of money on a meal is a treat for us. However, I guess my expectations were just misplaced.

All that said, we'll go back to Simple Twist, after they've had a chance to work out their "we just opened" bugs. I'll just go with another option, like the Salmon BLT, which BTW was very yummy!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As a side note....Terrafin has up their prices and reduced the size of their portions recently

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just as a sidenote, while at the ribbon cutting tonight, i looked at their menu and the original Nate recipe for the Lobster mac and cheese is only $13 and hubby had it and it was more than enough to fill my big man and totally different and better than what was served at the other restaurant, it is the original recipe which was not actually ever served there :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

A friend of mine took his family to Simple Twist last night and said this:

"Last evening Kathleen was in town and we chose to treat her to dinner at the Simple Twist, being a new restaurant on Hwy 42 in the Cleveland area. I always try to support locally owned business. We were extremely disappointed, having the slowest service of any restaurant I have ever tried. There menu is awesome and once the food was brought to the table is was very good. But waiting an hour to receive food is absurd. If not for the late hour and going on the assumption food would arrive at any minute, we would have walked out and did discuss the matter. The owner was nice and discounted our ticket. But it will be a long time if I ever choose to return and give them a second chance. Quality of food was an A. Service was an F."

What a shame.

Sherry

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

What a shame. LOL. Right,,
    Service can be corrected easily. Food quality not so much. Maybe they were pretty busy, another thing I would think.. is when your food is hand prepped and fresh upon ordering it tends to take a lil longer to receive your food.
    Possibly one disadvantage here may well be the kitchen size. I would assume its a lil small for the Chefs liking.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes it was a shame. They took their daughter, who lives near Raleigh, and went for the very first time. First impressions mean a lot. Hopefully the service will improve, but until that time people I know are not happy waiting an hour.

Sherry

8. BuzzMyMonkey

Patience is a virtue

9. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We've been several times & enjoyed it. The Guacamole is great, shrimp tacos are my favorite and we even tried a smoothie. I am just glad to have another dinner option and hope all of our local businesses the best :)

10. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

My family and I have been about 6 times since the opening. The food has been very tasty and interesting every time. The service has been horrible 5 out of the 6 times. We usually go for dinner, and the restaurant is usually pretty full, but they can do better. The staff is likeable, but not fast or attentive. The first 2 times that I ordered the food truck tacos, I needed to ask for the salsa. They are supposed to be served with it, but both times it wasn't. It is very tasty though.

We will continue to return because we enjoy having another restaurant nearby. I don't think that the portions are particularly small, but they are not large either. I find the salads to be a good value, and the burgers too. I hope that they stick around, and that the service improves.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I really like the Taco Tuesday! Last week he did a shredded beef taco in addition to offering the shrimp and pork, it was great. 2 Tacos, and the Twisted Guacamole makes for an awesome dinner! I've heard the burger with the twisted guac on it is fabulous, that will have to be next on my list to try. I ran out of tortilla chips and still had guac left, they offered to bring more chips out. We haven't had any problem with service... we know several of the girls from their previous employment at TFS, I think its great to see them happy and smiling again! :hurray:

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Had lunch at Simple Twist today. Food and service was very good. Only problem was we sat next to a window that vibrated badly, Seemed like it was every time the door was opened. We would not want to be sitting there during any storm that has wind. We will return. Much better than Terra Fin in our opinion.

13. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

15. BuzzMyMonkey

yup, was just gonna say this..

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love their fried pimento cheese. So good!

17. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Ditto!

I love Simple Twist!!!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

lol, hubby said he didn't like weird tacos, we went to Simple Twist tonight and got the shrimp tacos, pork tacos, and special andoille sausage and scallop tacos for Taco Tuesday and he is a believer now! Food was great, service was awesome as always and they were slammed :)

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We were going to go there, got there a little after 7 and there were just too many people, and a wait. We went to The Clubhouse instead.

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

dang girl, we got there right at 7 and sat at the bar, wish you would have come in. there was room for you and would love to have to seen you both!

tassy likes this.