Sketchy Job Postings

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by Quincy8Boy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I've noticed that some of these postings on Craigslist are sketchy. Big Suprise.

It would be advisable to ask for an address and phone number before you send them a resume or rate.

The situation could be this:
    -It's somebody in your field trying to figure out the going rate or what resumes in the same field look like.
    -A staffing company setting up fake job postings just to get an idea of what to charge the client.

/laid off in February
    //10 interviews.

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Wait! You mean I can't make $10k a month by stuffing envelopes?? But I already sent in my $399 for the starter kit . . . :mrgreen:

3. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I have a friend who sends an e-mail stating "due to the high number of fraud/spam ads on here I do not send a resume until I have verified the validity of the ad/company". Guess how many replies back he has received...NONE...how pathetic.

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I doubt many legit employers would bother replying to such a stance. Who needs the job? Them or your friend? If it's a job worth anything, there will be plenty of "nexts" in the resume pile.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I need outside sales reps WITH experience and btw, I'm NOT a babysitter.
    :?

So I figure I'll just do it myself.

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I have a card for a guy that stopped by my "other" office earlier this week. He claims he can sell anything. I don't know him personally; just from that encounter. He seemed to be a pretty nice enough fella. I can call you with his number if you would like. :)

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Send it to me.
    Is he looking a job?

8. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

What's even more irritating:

I work in a field that is mostly contract/1099 work. It pays good money when you can get it. A big company will open 3 or 4 positions and I will immediately get 10 emails/phone calls, which I appreciate, but half of them you can barely understand them. They call from India and sometimes most of them will be calling from the same company. Don't they talk to/coordinate with one another?

They're just trying to take money off the top of the money you would get paid, e.g. right now, there's two staffing companies between me and the company I work for, so they take %40 of the money the company's paying for my work.