smartphone battery use

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by cynadon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I've got a galaxy s3. The battery last a couple of days under normal use. I play a lot of soduko and gin rummy with no problems. Bejeweled 2, however, uses about 10% battery in 30/45 minutes. not that it matters, just curious. I could understand if it were a driving simulator or first person shooter. bejeweled don't seem too be graphic nor CPU intensive.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My phone is the New Motorola XT that they hype for battery life, and I have yet to hit the 36 hour life they hype, although it does hold in there better than any other phone I have used (it better you cannot swap batteries).

Pretty much anything that needs the massive display screen just sucks up the battery.

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

mine will last 36 hours under normal use. Calls, messages, most games. Unless I need it, GPS and WiFi, stay turned off. But for some reason, bejewled 2 eats the battery. Like I said, it don't matter, just curious.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, I'd say don't play Bejeweled 2 and you should see an improvement.

I hope this helps. :jester:

5. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

I have the Motorola droid Razr Maxx HD, I have tried my darnedest to get down to 10% in a day watching videos for hours and running facebook, multiple forums are being ran through Tapatalk/Auto Guide/And others, Instagram, Twitter, and Whatsapp.

Love this phone. They have yet to make a phone that will run flawlessly and have superior battery life! There isn't one yet from Apple or for Android. But I am sure there will be better to come soon.

Maybe not the S4 though....