Snooping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I wouldn't look, nor do I have a desire to look. It's not a "politically correct" attitude, it's more of a "I'm not really interested" attitude. If there's something in an email or on her Facebook page she wants me to see, she'll tell me about it. Otherwise, I've never really had any kind of Jones to look.

By the way, you can't call a person a lie. You can call them a liar, you can call their words a lie, but to say "I am straight up calling you a damn lie" doesn't make sense linguistically.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I know this is hard for you to believe...but you are wrong my friend.

I have no desire to look at anything. don't snoop. don't even think about it honestly. Never have. I have 100% complete trust. I give that. I get that.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: ^^This. Going on 22 years here. I feel no need to go through my husband's stuff nor he through mine.

If he felt the need or vice versa, one of us needs to hit the road. 'Cause I'd be DONE.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go thru DH's wallet, and if he needs something out of my purse, he usually brings it to me and asks me to get whatever he needs.

You can't have marriage without trust. I wouldn't go into one of DH's online accounts unless he specifically asks me to. Like I said earlier, he is not that computer savvy, so it's not unusual for him to say, "hey, log onto my employee site and see if that overtime is showing in my check" or something of that sort.

Now...my teenagers accounts....well, that might be a different story. I don't snoop unless I have a reason to.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

ha! we use the same FB account. snoop that. i'm with prm and jennifer's hubby though, she tells me something is in her purse, i hand it to her to get it out...

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

only thing I will grab out of the wife's purse is her phone as it is usually laying on top. Not digging for anything else in there as there really is no telling what is in there.

7. KellBell

My husband does the same thing, about the purse....he's scared to stick his hand in there. :mrgreen:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Mine carries it in like it's going to bite him or something, it's funny. :jester:

9. KellBell

LOL..mine too. and I have a total of 6 things in there. :mrgreen:

10. kansascon

kansascon Well-Known Member

Yep, I sure would look. If you don't have anything to hide it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just naturally nosey.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It isn't a question of "having anything to hide", which I don't. It's about respecting someone's personal space.

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

And here I thought you were a female. ;)

13. kansascon

You do what you want and I'll do what I want. How about that?

14. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

I'd look as well. I'm nosey like that & I don't know that my curiousity instincts would be overpowered in my talking myself out of not sneaking a peak.

I also wouldn't deny it or lie about it should I ever be asked if I "looked at/into" any thing I may have found lying around/opened that wasn't mine.

If I want my personal space to stay personal, I make sure it gets closed up (ie.. logged off, put away, locked up, etc) to stay such a fashion. OR it means I don't much care who comes across it.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Knock yourself out. :cheers:

16. kansascon

I couldn't agree with you more JCoRes!!!!!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So if you were at someone's house and they'd left their mail out.........I'm guessing you'd go digging through it to see what you could find? I'm betting you go through medicine cabinets when you visit people too. :lol:

You'd find aspirin and toothpaste in mine.

Again, it's personal space, not that people necessarily have anything to hide.

Wowza

18. kansascon

Actually no, I don't care what other people do - only the ones I'm living with, and why would I care what you have in your medicine cabinet....PLEASE!!!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why do people you live with deserve less respect than friends and strangers?

20. kansascon

It's none of your business why I do what I do. Like I said before, you do what you want and I'll do what I want-----capiche???